There are certain jobs that cause you back pain, poor posture, and other major problems. Whether you are lifting heavy objects at a warehouse or doing a desk job at some point in your life you will face back pain or back problem. Why does this happen? And, do you know that you can easily eliminate it by using the best back braces for work?
Our back is very sensitive to get pain from various causes. Similarly, if you are standing for a long time, sitting in front of a laptop with a poor posture can cause strain in your back muscles. According to the University Of Maryland Medical Center, around 60-80% of the U.S. adults suffer from back pain, and it is the main cause of disability in the country.
Common Causes Of Back Pain At Work
- Force: Exerting extreme force on your back can be one of the main reasons to get back problems. Likewise pushing, lifting, or moving heavy objects can put extreme pressure and load on your spine. Thus, this factor is the reason to get the lower back problem.
- Repetition: If you are repeating particular movements again and again specifically that involves the turning and twisting of the spine. Such repetitions induce lumbar pain.
- Inactivity: A desk job can be named as an inactive job as the person has to sit on the chair with poor posture in front of a desk. Inactivity, poor postures, improper back support contributes a lot to get back pain.
Common Back Injuries At The Workplace
According to the Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA), back injuries are the most common sort of workplace injuries among workers today. Pulling, lifting, pushing, moving, carrying, bending, twisting are the movements to get a backache.
Consequently, some jobs demand a great deal of physical work but sedentary jobs require insignificant activities which still lead to back injuries. Hence, wearing top-class back braces for work prevents you to get further injuries and a backache.
Although, some back injuries heal on their own by taking proper rest and a good diet. But some injuries get severe with time and end up with surgeries. The following are the most common back injuries you can suffer at work.
- Bulging, herniated, and slipped disc
- Lower back sprains and strains
- Pinched nerves
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Fractured Vertebrae
Reasons To Wear A Back Brace At Work
Wearing a back brace may help you to get relief from back pain and stiffness caused due to a back injury. The following are the benefits of Back Braces for work.
- Restrict the mobility of injured areas and helps in recovery.
- Supports weaken areas of the back right after the surgery.
- Alleviate the soreness of the back due to strain or sprain.
- Reduce strain and pressure on the spine while lifting heavyweights.
- Helps to improve your posture and aligns the spine.
- Make your transitional movements more comfortable like sitting and standing.
- Relieves the back pain.
- Can be used as unaggressive treatments as a substitute for surgery.
Best Back Braces for Work Reviews
Here, you will find detailed information about the best braces for work. The features, specifications, and materials are mentioned for each back brace. Let’s have a look at them.
|Rank||Back Braces for work||Brand||Price|
|1||Industrial Work Brace||BraceAbility|
|2||BenKen Back Brace Lumbar Support||Benken|
|3||Lumbar Support Belt||ZHL|
|4||Flexguard Back Brace for Work||Flexguard|
|5||King of Kings Lower Back Brace for Work||King of Kings|
|6||ComfyMed Posture Corrector for Work||ComfyMed|
1. Industrial Back Braces For Work
- Assures unmatched lumbar support to provide complete lower-back protection and reduction of pain.
- Comes with double-pull tension straps to deliver optimum compression and complete assistance.
- Featuring rigid plastic stays to inhibit this back brace from bunching, rolling, and misalignment of the spinal cord.
- Not only corrects poor posture but also delivers fast relief in multiple back problems.
Without any doubt, the industrial back brace from the house of BraceAbility is one of the best back braces for work. It is a perfect tool if you are in landscaping, construction, warehouse management, bricklaying, and heavyweight parcel delivery. It not only limits the chance of muscle strain but also eliminates any chance of back injury.
By properly aligning the spinal cord and neck joint, this back brace also unloads additional pressure. And by doing that, it eliminates any chance of hunching, slouching, and spinal cord disorientation. If you use this brace on a regular basis, you will get instant relief from even the most acute back problems and pains.
If you are already suffering from lower back pain after lifting heavy objects, this can be your ideal companion. It properly secures the muscles and tendons of the back and delivers optimum confidence. Besides, this brace also supports the tissues of the lumbar back along with alleviating pain.
Talking about the material, this brace is entirely made of the highest quality fabric and plastic stays. Besides, this brace is extremely lightweight but amazingly durable. Moreover, it is also very breathable for better comfort. Comes in seven different sizes from extra small to extra-large, this back brace truly delivers a contoured fit.
Read More: Best Back Braces For Back Pain
2. BenKen Back Brace Lumbar Support for Work
- Provides rigid and supplementary support without applying too much pressure on your back.
- Comes with breathable and comfortable materials to make it suitable to wear all day without any discomfort.
- Featuring a flexible and elastic belt that assures better strength with complete stability in the lower back.
- Not only beneficial in postoperative recovery but also extremely helpful to treat poor posture, sciatica, scoliosis, and herniated disc.
Particularly designed to reduce spinal cord, neck, and muscle stiffness, the BenKen Back Brace Lumbar promises faster relief. By assuring proper protection and support, this brace delivers maximum stability in the entire lower back region. Besides, it also perfectly aligns the spinal cord and neck joint.
This brace helps to unload additional pressure from the neck joint. Besides, it also eliminates the chance of bending and twisting by keeping the muscles in secured condition. Moreover, this brace also aligns the spinal cord in such a way that it eliminates any chance of slouching, hunching, and other bad postures.
Without any doubt, this brace is specially designed for people who spend most of their time standing or lifting heavy objects. If you work in factories, delivery stations, or parcel houses, it can be your ideal friend. It also assures perfect support for people like automobile and truck drivers who spend most time sitting in the same place.
Talking about the material, it is made of the highest quality standards. Comes with a breathable mesh fabric, this back brace also has better breathability than other braces. Besides, this back brace has dual stitching to make it durable. Moreover, the sturdy Velcro is not just durable but also helps you to achieve optimum compression.
Read More: Best Back Braces For Posture
3. Lumbar Support Belt by ZHL
- Comes with an integrated and adjustable lumbar pad to deliver extreme compression in your lower back.
- Alternatively works as a waist trimmer by maintaining optimum temperature to trigger your weight loss journey.
- Escalates the overall health benefit during the workout and boosts the total calorie burn during the fitness regime.
- Assures supplementary support to correct your body shape by helping you to get rid of poor posture.
Not only just the posture but this Lumbar Support Belt by ZHL is equally effective in many back-related health complications including Scoliosis, Sciatica, Degenerative Disc Disease, Herniated Disc, Osteoporosis, Strains, Sprains, Nerve Injuries, Muscle spasms, and weak Ligaments. Besides, it is also equally effective in common back pains.
This back brace not only provides strong support but also aligns the spinal cord. Besides, it also unloads additional pressure from the spine and neck joint to reduce neck pain. Moreover, it also boosts confidence by delivering optimum support and care throughout your spinal cord.
By delivering optimum compression, it accelerates the overall recovery process. Besides, it also supercharges the recovery by maintaining an optimum temperature in the waist region. From lifting heavy objects to rigorous sports or fitness training, this back brace can deliver optimum support in all cases.
Made of breathable material, this back brace is extremely comfortable to wear even in hotter weather. It comes with a highly-adjustable straight to ensure the right amount of compression in the waist. Besides, this back brace is also very easy to wash to make it suitable for easy maintenance.
Read More: Best Back Braces For Lower Back Pain
4. Flexguard Back Brace for Work
- Correctly aligns the curved spine naturally to get you rid out of the poor posture and associated problems.
- Strengthen your back muscles and reduces even the most acute pain to give you instant relief.
- Completely aids and accelerate the treatment of Scoliosis, Thoracic outlet syndrome, Spondylolisthesis, and Strains.
- Made of extremely comfortable and lightweight material to make it suitable for daily wear.
Needless to say, the specially-designed back brace from the house of Flexguard is one of the best back braces for work. Featuring a unique sleeve-style design, this back brace assures adequate support to the back. Besides, this sleeve-style design also helps to deliver optimum support and compression in the lumbar area.
If it is difficult for you to cope up with your work routine due to acute back pain, it is probably the best solution available as of now. Just by wearing this sleeve-style brace, you can confidently do your household chores, fitness activities, and even lifting heavy objects in your workplace. Besides, it is equally effective for people who sit for a long time.
The most important work that this back brace does is aligning the spinal cord. And by doing that, it can unload the excessive pressure. By properly aligning the spine, it can eliminate any chance of back injury from the root. Besides, it can also perfectly eliminate any chance of hunching or slouching of the back.
Made of premium quality material, this back brace is rigid yet comfortable. Besides, it is also very flexible to offer perfect compression. Moreover, this particular back brace also offers amazing breathability to make it comfortable in hotter weather. Available in all sizes from extra-small to extra-large, this back brace can provide a perfect fit for anyone.
5. King of Kings Lower Back Brace for Work
- Provides rigid and protected lumbar support in the back, especially in the L4, L5, and S1 lumbar vertebrae.
- Featuring 2 nylon bars that assist the muscle to palliate even the most acute soreness and strain.
- Comes with a pulley mechanism to easily adjust the pressure and compression as per your requirement.
- Best for using while working as it assures comfortable support and heals the back pain naturally.
As we all know, King of Kings mainly makes high-quality braces. And now, they have launched the newly-designed back brace that can solve many problems. Many of us have to take leave from our work due to excessive back pain. It mainly happens as we spend the most time in a single posture or while lifting heavy objects.
And in both cases, this back brace can provide a great solution. This brace is designed in such a way that it corrects the posture instantly. And by doing that, this brace unloads the additional pressure from the spine as well as the neck joint. Besides, it also aligns the spine to reduce any chance of bending or slouching.
Talking about support, this back brace entirely shields the lumbar intervertebral disc. Besides, it also controls the movement of the waist joint to eliminate any chance of injury. Besides, it also delivers adequate pressure in the entire lumbar and waist area to mitigate pain and relieve even the most acute muscle stiffness.
Made with non-elastic knit fabric, this back brace offers the highest quality standard. This one is equally lightweight and durable. Besides, it has excellent breathability to make it even comfortable in hotter climate conditions. Available in three sizes from medium to extra-large, this back brace assures a contoured fit for everyone.
6. ComfyMed Posture Corrector for Work
- Featuring a contemporary hybrid design to allow a limited range of motion to eliminate any chance of further injuries.
- Best suited in the treatments of back pain, poor posture, Lordosis, Strains, Sprains, Degenerative Disc Disease, and lose ligaments.
- Gives you enough confidence to carry your daily work by assuring additional support and protection.
- Effectively targets and correct poor spinal posture and entirely reforms the natural posture.
Do you know that almost 80% of Americans now suffer from acute back problems mainly due to poor posture? Yes, the wrong alignment of the spine can call several related health complications. Besides, improper posture and curvature of the spine also create an ugly physical appearance for a long time.
But in all these posture-related issues, this ComfyMed Posture Corrector works like a charm. This brace comes in a unique Figure-8 design that not only provides adequate pressure and compression but also assures better comfort. Besides, it also stimulated the back muscles for accelerated blood flow.
By properly aligning the spinal cord and vertebrate, this back brace reduces additional pressure. And with that, this brace can also remove the additional load from the neck joint. From scoliosis to a herniated disc, this back brace can be equally effective in many cases. Moreover, it is also ideal to provide daily support.
Talking about the material, this back brace is made of the highest quality materials. This back brace is extremely lightweight and very flexible. However, it is also pretty durable to make it last long even while in daily use. Comes in five different sizes from small to extra-large, this back brace also assures proper fitting to anyone.
So, these are the best back braces for work you can try this year. But, it is better to have a rigid and bulky brace if you are already suffering from back problems. These bulky braces are also very useful if you are suffering from any back-related health complications. But if you are looking for regular support, you can definitely buy a sleeve-style back brace to assure comfort and protection at the same time.
Read More: Best Back Braces For Scoliosis
FAQ Regarding Back Braces For Work
Q. Do back braces really help?
Ans. Yes, a back brace provides a safe and protective shield to a current back injury and prevents a chronic condition from exaggerating.
Q. What are the benefits of the back brace?
Ans. The benefits of a back brace are endless. They help to reduce back pain and stabilize the area right after the injury. Further improves posture, strengthens the weak tissues, and corrects the spinal alignment.
Q. Will a back brace help a pinched nerve?
Ans. The pinched nerve is due to the sciatica pain in the lumbar spine. In this condition, a back brace is best to reduce the pain caused by the pinched nerve.
Q. Is it safe to sleep in a back brace?
Ans. A back brace is solely designed to reduce pain. So if you are not comfortable sleeping with it then it is better not to sleep in a brace. Moreover, the lying position inhibits the benefits of the brace so it is not safe to wear while sleeping.
Senior Researcher and Writer, BracesBox.com