Elbow braces are now a household item in every US family. A significant part of the active US citizens suffers from elbow related issues at some point in their life. And, most of the athletes in the field of tennis, football, golf, and basketball are also heavily prone to elbow injuries and elbow related medical problems.
According to a recent scientific study, 1%-3% of the US population suffers from lateral elbow pain. Interestingly, most of the reported cases arise between 40 to 50 years of age of the patients. The percentage increases to 10% for women between 42 to 46 years of age.
A study by the American Journal of Sports Medicine on 203 pro baseball players shows that 30% among them suffered from elbow pains at least once in their life. In addition, 46% of those baseball players admitted that they continued playing despite having severe arm pain.
Not just the sports or fitness activities but the daily activities can also cause elbow pains due to overuse and fatigue. And, in all the conditions related to elbow pains or discomfort, elbow braces come real handy for proper care and faster recovery. Besides, elbow braces also ensure adequate support to the ligaments, bones, and tendons of the elbow region which eliminates the chance of further injury.
So, what are elbow braces used for?
According to a report by the Nirschl Orthopaedic Center (NOC), 50% of all tennis players suffer from tennis elbow, although tennis players make up less than 5% among all the reported cases of tennis elbow problems. This survey shows us that most of the tennis elbow patients attribute their condition to other causes than playing tennis itself.
In golfer’s elbow, patients feel the same amount of problems and pain, but the only difference is that they experience inflammation and irritation in the inner side of the arm rather than the outside part in case of tennis elbow. The golfer’s elbow or Medial epicondylitis affects the medial epicondyle tendon where the tennis elbow affects the lateral epicondyle tendon.
Besides tennis or golf, Baseball pitchers also get affected by the tennis elbow problems, especially if they don’t adopt the correct pitching mechanics. Moreover, most of the sports that require a severe hand activity are also prone to tennis elbow or golfer’s elbow problems, such as squash, football, javelin, badminton, discus, and many others.
Even if you are not into sports, regular activities such as lifting heavy weights or repetitive turning motions or even frequent use of scissors can also contribute to your tennis elbow problem. But thankfully, 80%-85% of all the tennis elbow patients improve within a year through nonsurgical treatment, according to the study by American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons.
The nonsurgical treatments that can cure your tennis elbow, golfer’s elbow, or any other elbow related problems consist of proper medication, light elbow exercises, and the use of elbow braces or elbow compression sleeves.
And, how do elbow braces work?
The elbow joint is made up of three bones, the upper arm bone or humerus and two lower arm bones radius and ulna. Elbow tendons, muscles, and ligaments hold the elbow joint together in proper place. The bony bump in the lower end of the humerus in the inner elbow segment is called epicondyles, and the bum in the outside elbow segment is called lateral epicondyle.
The forearm tendons or extensors attach the muscle to the bones. And, the most affected tendon that causes the majority of the elbow problems is the Extensor Carpi Radialis Brevis or ECRB which attach on the lateral epicondyle. Besides, the anterior forearm consists of several muscles which control the flexing and pronating of the wrist and fingers.
In any elbow related problems, the epicondyles and the extensors get mainly affected. And, we feel pain, irritation, or even inflammation in the elbow region. In all those cases, elbow braces and light exercise regime is proven to be beneficial to a great extent. Exercises will increase the strength and flexibility, and the elbow braces will ensure adequate support and protection.
But, where to buy the best elbow braces?
In case you have a doubt on how to get an elbow brace for yourself, Amazon and several other great online shopping websites are there to deliver best quality elbow braces right in front of your door in quickest possible time. Just choose your right brace and order it online to get it delivered in no time.
And, if you are confused about choosing the best elbow brace, you are in the right place as we are going to give you the entire details along with the step-by-step process to select your required elbow brace. Our research team tried and tested several hundreds of elbow braces from the house of numerous brands in the US. And, now we came up with our handpicked list of best elbow braces you can buy with full confidence. Take a look.
Best Elbow Braces
Here are some of the best elbow braces for you by BracesBox.
|1||Recovery Elbow Sleeve||Copper Compression|
|2||Elbow Compression Support Sleeve||Kunto Fitness|
|3||Elbow Compression Sleeve||Venom Sports Fitness|
|4||Elbow Compression Sleeves||Nordic Lifting|
|5||Tennis Elbow Brace||DashSport|
|6||AERIS MAX Complete solution||WIMI Sports & Fitness|
|7||Elbow Compression Sleeve||Crucial Compression|
|8||Adjustable Elbow Support||Mueller|
|9||Copper Infused Elbow Compression Sleeve||Dr. Arthritis|
|10||Reversible Elbow Stabilizer||Bracoo|
Recovery Elbow Sleeve by Copper Compression – One of the best copper infused elbow sleeves you can buy in 2018
Premium quality recovery elbow sleeve by Copper Compression uses copper ions rather than Cu2O to ensure highest quality copper content in the material. This quality also makes it the toughest among all the elbow compression sleeves. Besides, this sleeve is exceptionally lightweight and breathable to maintain proper air circulation.
Moreover, it creates a mild insulation in the entire elbow region to maintain a warm temperature which ensures a wide range of motion. An excellent brace for tennis elbow and golfer’s elbow, this sleeve comes at just $18.95 price which makes it a win-win situation for the buyers.
The recovery elbow sleeve is made of copper-infused premium quality fabric which is unimaginably strong buy extremely lightweight. Besides, it has the highest copper content which makes it the best copper sleeve for tennis elbow. Moreover, the fabric is also breathable to ensure proper air circulation in the affected elbow joint and muscles.
- Genuine copper ions: Made using copper ions (Cu+ and Cu++) rather than usual Cu2O
- Highest copper content: Highest quality copper infused elbow sleeve you can buy with confidence
- Reduces stiff muscle problem: Helps in any kind of sore or stiffness issues in the elbow
- Better elasticity: To allow full range of elbow motion during sports activities
- Athlete’s choice: Truly beneficial for tennis elbow and golfers elbow
- Excellent heat insulator: To ensure that the muscle and elbow joint stay warm during activities
- 100% Money-back guarantee: Comes with a no-question full refund policy
Elbow Compression Support Sleeve by Kunto Fitness – One of the most trendy-looking elbow braces
Trendy looking elbow compression support sleeve by Kunto Fitness comes with a four-way compression technology to ensure proper pressure in the elbow region during severe activities such as weightlifting or powerlifting. Besides, it is made with a true-fit design to give you a no-slip comfort during severe hand movements.
The premium quality material of this elbow sleeve is lightweight and maintains mild warmth in the elbow region for better and faster recovery. Moreover, the $19.99 price tag makes it one of the best elbow supports you can buy within your budget.
The compression sleeve is made of premium quality fabric which is durable, breathable, yet incredibly lightweight. The specialized fabric blend of 70% Nylon, 15% Spandex, and 15% rubber provides a four-way stretching capability to give maximum support during heavy movements such as during tennis or golf. Besides, the sleeve is specially sewed to ensure a proper fit around the elbow.
- Four-way stretching: To ensure unparalleled mobility with superior comfort
- Greater compression: Makes it one of the best elbow sleeves for powerlifting or weightlifting
- Unimaginable versatility: Ensures proper elbow support for all age groups and genders
- Superior no-slip grip: To secure its perfect position even during heavy activities
- Trendy look: Patterned design and color combination make it really stylish
- Pain relief: Helps to reduce elbow pains and swelling
- Vented fabric: To provide adequate air circulation and regulated temperature
Elbow Compression Sleeve by Venom Sports Fitness – One of the best elbow braces with targeted compression
The lightweight and durable elbow compression sleeve by Venom Sports Fitness provides a great compression and support. Besides, it also helps to reduce pain and inflammations in the elbow joint which makes it the best elbow sleeve for tendonitis. Comes in the price bracket of $19.99 – $35.28, this elbow brace is an excellent choice for regular use too.
Moreover, the fabric is breathable and retains proper amount of heat in the elbow area to ensure greater comfort and faster recovery. And, the all-black sporty look makes it more desirable for the youth sports enthusiasts.
Made of high-quality fabric, this brace provides proper compression in the joint which makes it the best elbow sleeve for pain. Besides, the material is lightweight and breathable, and also has an excellent elastic quality to ensure its durability. Moreover, the material has heat retention properties which ensure a faster recovery and superior comfort.
- Targeted compression: Supports rehabilitation of elbow joint pain and inflammation
- Heat retention technology: To ensure great comfort and blood circulation
- No-hinged support: To ensure better mobility without compromising the protection
- Lightweight design: Best suited for athletic activities such as Tennis, Golf, CrossFit, and Weightlifting
- Highly elastic: Provides better compression and durability than the regular sleeves
- Extremely durable: Retains the proper compression even after an extended period of use
- Complimentary PDF guide: Detailed recovery exercises for your elbow pains and sprains
Elbow Compression Sleeves by Nordic Lifting – One of the best elbow sleeves that come in a pair
The extremely budget-friendly elbow compression sleeve pair by Nordic Lifting is made of Nylon, Spandex, and latex which assure its durability and the compression effect you will get while wearing it. The 1-year complete manufacturer’s warranty further assures its quality and the ease of return or refund in case it has any defect.
Besides, it comes in a pair for $18.95, so when you compare its price of $9.48/Count, it makes it extremely affordable when compared with the cost of the regular single-unit braces. It is undoubtedly the best elbow braces pair concerning the price vs. quality factor.
The compression sleeve is made of premium quality Nylon yarn which gives it durability. It is further reinforced with Latex and Spandex yarn for the required elasticity and better compression. Moreover, the material retains heat which provides a soothing warm feeling in the covered area and also helps in faster recovery. All these qualities make it a perfect elbow support for the gym too.
- Premium quality material: Mainly made with Nylon which is reinforced by Latex and Spandex
- Perfect fit: Manufactured according to the highest quality standard materials and design
- Helps to avoid injury: The compression restricts unwanted elbow movements
- Unisex design: Special design is suited for both male and female
- Warm effect: The sleeve retains heat to ensure a soothing feel in the elbow region
- Athlete friendly: Great protection for playing basketball, tennis, weightlifting, or any other physical sports
- Premium packaging: Comes in a stylish packaging to make it perfect for a gift
Tennis Elbow Brace by DashSport – One of the best elbow braces that come with a targeted compression band
The copper compression complete elbow support system by DashSport is actually a bundle pack of a compression sleeve and a targeted compression band. The elbow sleeve provides safety and protection where the compression band ensures targeted support. Moreover, the fabric is copper infused to make it a perfect elbow brace for tennis elbow.
The Copper-Nylon material and flatlock seams stitching provide a better durability than the regular elbow braces. Besides, the $18.95 price tag of this complete and best support for tennis elbow is a grand bargain, indeed.
The elbow support system is made of highest quality copper infused nylon material which is durable, and also allows adequate air circulation. Besides, the material has anti-bacterial and odor-resistant properties to make it useful for a longer go. Moreover, the flatlock seams stitching system removes the chance of chafing or irritation.
- Complete solution for tennis elbow: Most effective when used for tennis elbow problem
- Dual Support: The Compression sleeve and the targeted band ensures double support for heavy needs
- Copper-infused fabric: Made with highest quality copper infused material
- Durable but thin material: The combination of copper and 200GSM fabric makes it extra strong
- Detailed user guide: To ensure its optimum usability for the benefit of elbow health
- Free E-Book: A detailed PDF for the complete care of tennis elbow
- 100% Money-back: In case you don’t like its quality or performance
AERIS MAX Complete solution by WIMI Sports & Fitness – The complete solution for Tennis Elbow or Golfer’s Elbow
The extremely useful AERIS MAX Complete solution system by WIMI Sports & Fitness is probably the best tennis elbow brace you can get in the US for just $18.97 price. Comes in a bundle of compression sleeve and elbow band, this product provides a complete solution for any medial elbow problems such as tennis elbow, golfer’s elbow, or carpal tunnel elbow.
Besides, the premium material gives you proper support without restricting your mobility during any kind of hand activity. Moreover, it comes with a free eBook to ensure a complete solution for any elbow related problems.
The compression sleeve is made of lightweight, durable, premium quality fabric which is made of 88% copper-infused nylon and 12% spandex. The fabric is breathable to ensure a proper air flow in the elbow region for giving better comfort than the regular sleeves. Besides, the targeted compression band is super strong and provides enough support which also makes it the best elbow brace for golfer’s elbow.
- Dual Protection: A perfect combination of tennis elbow brace and compression sleeve
- Increases flexibility: Provides extreme support without restricting the mobility
- Faster pain relief: A complete solution for tennis elbow, golfer’s elbow, carpal tunnel, bursitis, and tendinitis
- Easily adjustable: To ensure a perfect compression for sore muscles and tendons
- Odor-resistant fabric: To ensure a perfect comfort even after a prolonged use
- 100% satisfaction guaranteed: Gives an instant relief from elbow pains and sprains
- Free eBook: To ensure the optimal benefit for this two-component elbow support system
Elbow Compression Sleeve by Crucial Compression – One of the best elbow braces for complete protection
The durable and extremely lightweight elbow compression sleeve by Crucial Compression provides the best support for both the elbows as it comes in a pair. This quality also makes it the best elbow compression sleeve for weightlifting and powerlifting as it can provide complete support to both the hands at the same time. Besides, the moisture wicking breathable fabric ensures maximum comfort even after an extended period of use.
Moreover, a pair of compression sleeves with a free guidebook in the price tag of just $9.95 is undoubtedly an attractive deal for the budget-conscious US customers.
The compression elbow braces are made of the highest quality material to ensure its durability and comfort. Besides, the perfect blend of premium quality Nylon, Spandex, and Rubber makes it one of the strong elbow sleeves you can buy with full confidence. Moreover, the elbow braces are incredibly breathable to ensure a greater comfort in hotter temperatures.
- Instant relief: Extremely helpful in elbow stiffness and discomfort, especially during sports activities
- Power support technology: Improves blood circulation and provides a secure support
- ComfortFlex design: To ensure an ergonomic fit for the comfort factor
- Double stitching: To ensure its durability even after heavy use
- Perfect fit: Special sewing technique provides the desired fit for your elbows
- Pair packs: No need to buy two items for a complete support
- Free guidebook: Top 10 Exercises to Prevent Tennis and Golfers Elbow eBook
Adjustable Elbow Support by Mueller – One of the best elbow braces for Epicondylitis and Osteoarthritis
The intelligently manufactured adjustable elbow support by Mueller comes with a convenient slip-on design to make it absolutely easy to wear. Besides, it comes with two adjustable straps in the upper and lower end of the elbow brace to ensure a perfect and ergonomic fit.
The innovative HydraMesh fabric has sufficient breathability and also has anti-bacterial qualities to make it an odor-free compression sleeve for prolonged use. Moreover, the sporty look, that too in a price tag of just $11.57, makes it a perfect choice for any athletic need without much pressure on your pocket.
The core of this compression sleeve is made of premium quality soft neoprene which makes it durable, the core then further reinforced with moisture wicking HydraMesh fabric panel to ensure better breathability and comfort. Besides, the material is treated with antimicrobial agents that reduce the growth of odor-causing bacteria in the sleeve.
- Promotes healing: Soft neoprene retains body heat and increases the blood circulation
- Slip-on design: To make it adjustable with just one-hand operation for a perfect fit
- HydraMesh panel: The moisture-managing fabric increases breathability and comfort
- Microbe shield: Specially treated with antimicrobial agents for an odor-free comfort
- Dual strap: To make it much more adjustable for a required custom fit
- Postoperative rehabilitation: Helps to reduce postoperative Irritation and posttraumatic Irritation
- Sporty looking: The brilliant design makes it a perfect choice for golfers, tennis players, and basketball athletes
Copper Infused Elbow Compression Sleeve by Dr. Arthritis – Exclusively designed by the practicing Doctors
The intelligently designed copper infused elbow brace by Dr. Arthritis is exclusively developed by medical doctors having firsthand experiences on athletic and arthritis problems. Besides, it comes with a Doctor written handbook from which you can get detailed information about your elbow conditions and treatments.
Moreover, the guidebook also has detailed exercises guidelines to optimize the strength and functionality of your elbow. The premium quality material and adequate compression along with the distinctive design make it a perfect elbow brace for tendonitis and arthritis.
All the elbow braces by Dr. Arthritis are made of a premium blend of 88% copper-infused nylon and 12% spandex. It is ultrathin but strong and extremely durable due to the highest quality copper content. Besides, the design is entirely made by experienced Doctors which further assure a better compression without jeopardizing the comfort factor.
- Developed by Doctors: To ensure the perfect use and functionality for optimum performance
- Highest copper content: To make it lightweight and thin but also superiorly strong and durable
- Athlete friendly: Provides exceptional support during sports activities or strenuous exercises
- Medical benefit: Extremely useful in elbow Arthritis, Epicondylitis, Olecranon Bursitis, and Cubital Tunnel Syndrome
- Guaranteed comfort: Comes with superior anti-odor and anti-bacterial properties
- Arthritis handbook: Contains detailed information and treatments of common elbow related problems
- A better world: Dr. Arthritis donates 10% of its profit to the Arthritis Foundation
Reversible Elbow Stabilizer by Bracoo – One of the best elbow braces that come with adjustable Velcro straps
The specially engineered reversible elbow stabilizer by Bracoo can provide a tailored fit for required compression due to its super-adjustable Velcro straps which also make it a perfect elbow brace for weightlifting. Besides, it is exclusively designed in the US and is approved by FDA to ensure the highest quality standard.
In addition, the four-way stretching fabric exerts even amount of compression in the whole elbow region to assure better assistant even during severe hand movements. Moreover, the $12.99 price tag for this brilliant product makes it a real budget-friendly choice for the US customers.
The reversible compression sleeve is made of a premium blend of 75% neoprene, 20% nylon, and 5% spandex to ensure a proper compression without harming the comfort factor. Besides, the adjustable Velcro straps are strong and durable to give the product its longevity. In addition, the latex-free material is also breathable and prevents moisture build-up.
- Fully adjustable: The broad Velcro straps can be attached anywhere in the external surface
- 4-way stretching: To ensure a proper fit and complete support during severe activities
- Premium material: The supreme quality latex-free neoprene is breathable to give more comfort
- Superior support: Beneficial for muscle strain and ligament instability
- Faster recovery: Provides a soothing warms and increases blood circulation
- Gym friendly: Draws perspiration during intense physical activities and exercises
- FDA certified: To ensure the highest quality standard for the US customers
The ultimate buyer’s guide for choosing the best elbow braces
Most of the elbow related problems can be solved through a proper exercise routine along with the use of elbow braces. Medical practitioners, coaches, and trainers always advise using elbow braces or elbow sleeves during sports or fitness activities. The braces are beneficial in daily activities too as they provide adequate support to the elbow bones, muscle and tendons. Besides, the elbow braces are also helpful during post-surgery rehabilitation.
Author: William Shiel Jr
William C Shiel Jr., MD, FACP, FACR, has been the chief editor for MedicineNet.com since he co-founded it in 1996.
Shiel has authored and served as a reviewer for numerous articles on subjects related to arthritis for prestigious peer-reviewed medical journals. He has co-edited two medical textbooks. He is co-editor-in-chief of the Webster’s New World Medical Dictionary, Year 2000 First Edition and Year 2003 Second Edition. He has lectured in person and appeared on television and radio programs both for physicians and the community. He was a medical commentator for FOX News of medical issues related to the death of Pope John Paul II. He is a contributor for questions for the American Board of Internal Medicine. He is a regular reviewer of board questions on behalf of the American Board of Internal Medicine, Rheumatology Subspecialty. He served on the Medical and Scientific Committee of the Arthritis Foundation, and is currently on the Medical Advisory Board of Lupus International.