Elbow braces: Here are 12 of the Best Elbow Braces. Chances are you’re here because you experience annoying elbow pain. You may not realize it, but elbow pain affects not just athletes and people who play tennis, football, golf, and basketball. It is also very common in just about anybody, due to overuse and fatigue… even pen-pushers who spend most of their time at a desk! So, read on, because your answers may well be on this page.
Keep in mind, that the type of elbow brace you buy may depend on what’s wrong with your elbow. Near the bottom of this page, you’ll find a Buyer’s Guide on How to Choose the Right Elbow Brace.
Best Elbow Braces – The Top Picks! (Detailed Reviews Below)
Here is our top list of over 10 of the best elbow braces, created just for you! Read on for detailed reviews of each individual elbow brace.
|1||Elbow Compression Support Sleeve||Kunto Fitness|
|2||Adjustable Elbow Compression Sleeve||Mueller|
|3||Elbow Compression Sleeve||Crucial Compression|
|4||Tennis Elbow Brace Set, 2-pack of sleeves||ABYON|
|5||Elbow Brace Compression Sleeve (1 pair)||FCNUSX|
|6||Elbow Compression Sleeve 2-pack||Thx4Copper|
|7||Freedom Elbow Compression Sleeve||Copper Fit|
|8||Elbow Brace Compression Support, 2 Pack||CAMBIVO|
|9||Elbow Compression Sleeves (Pair)||Sparthos|
|10||Elbow Compression Sleeve||APOYO|
|11||Elbow Compression Sleeve||Venom|
|12||Elbow Compression Sleeves (pair)||Nordic Lifting|
And now, on to the details about elbow pain and how to manage and heal using elbow braces
It’s little wonder that elbow braces are a common household item in many US family homes. A significant proportion of active US citizens suffers from elbow-related issues at some point in their life. And, most athletes in the field of tennis, football, golf, and basketball are also heavily prone to elbow injuries and elbow-related medical problems.
The problem remains, however, that most people suffering from elbow pain, continue without treatment. A simple elbow brace can help.
Who gets elbow pain?
- It’s not just sportspeople who suffer from elbow pain. Most sufferers are everyday people, perhaps like you and me.
- According to a recent scientific study, 1% – 3% of the US population suffers from lateral elbow pain. Interestingly, most of the reported cases appear from 40 – 50 years of age.
- The percentage of sufferers increases to 10% for women between 42 to 46 years of age.
- That’s millions of people in the US alone.
- Everyday, mundane, daily activity can cause elbow pain and significant discomfort, due to overuse and fatigue.
Many reasons for elbow injuries
Baseball players: The American Journal of Sports Medicine published a paper that found 30% of the 203 Pro Baseball players studied have suffered from elbow pain, at least once in their life. And 46% of those baseball players admitted that they continued playing despite having severe arm pain. Baseball pitchers also get affected by tennis elbow problems, especially if they don’t adopt correct pitching mechanics.
Tennis players: According to a report by the Nirschl Orthopaedic Center (NOC), 50% of all tennis players suffer from tennis elbow, even though tennis players make up less than 5% of all the reported cases of tennis elbow problems. This survey seems to indicate that despite the pain, many tennis players play through their pain, and some attribute their condition to other causes outside of playing tennis itself.
Golf players: In golfer’s elbow, patients appear to also experience inflammation and irritation at the inner side of the arm rather than the outside part (as is the case with tennis elbow). The golfer’s elbow or medial epicondylitis affects the medial epicondyle tendon whereas the tennis elbow affects the lateral epicondyle tendon.
Not an athlete? Even if you are not into sports, regular activities such as lifting heavy weights, repetitive turning motions, or even frequent use of scissors (yes, just scissors!) can also contribute to your tennis elbow problem.
Elbow aches and pains can happen to anybody
In a nutshell: The problems tend to be mechanical, through unintentional misuse of the elbow. This can happen in any type of activity, whether everyday or as a result of repeated stress through sports. Wherever a sport or activity involves focussed or intense hand activity is where a person is prone to “tennis elbow” or “golfer’s elbow” problems. Such sports include squash, football, javelin, badminton, discus, among many others.
Relief may be fast and within your reach
With proper care can come a quick recovery, especially when you provide adequate support to the ligaments, bones, and tendons of the elbow region. At the very least, you can eliminate the chance of further injury. It’s reassuring to know that 80%-85% of all the tennis elbow patients improve within a year through non-surgical treatment, according to a study by the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons.
Surgery may not be necessary
The non-surgical treatments that can cure your tennis elbow, golfer’s elbow, or any other elbow-related problems consist of proper medication, light elbow exercises, and the use of elbow compression sleeves.
Helpful elbow anatomy (a few worthwhile points)
The elbow joint is made up of three bones (and some supportive structures):
- The upper arm bone or humerus
- And two lower arm bones; the radius and ulna
- There are 2 epicondyles at the lower end of the humerus. These feel like bony bumps! The one at the inner elbow segment is called the medial epicondyle, and the bump on the outside is called the lateral epicondyle.
Supportive structures of the elbow include tendons, muscles, and ligaments, which hold the elbow joint together in the proper place. The anterior forearm consists of several muscles that control the flexing and pronating of the wrist and fingers.
The forearm tendons or extensors, attach the muscle to the bones. The most affected tendon that causes the majority of the elbow problems is the Extensor Carpi Radialis Brevis or ECRB which attaches to the lateral epicondyle.
How do elbow braces work?
Braces have a major supportive function and help prevent unwanted and unneeded movements so that healing can occur and normal function can be restored.
Any elbow-related problem tends to affect the epicondyles and the extensors. As a result, you may feel pain, irritation, or even inflammation in the elbow region. In all those cases, elbow braces and a light exercise regime is proven to be beneficial to a great extent. Exercises will increase strength and flexibility, and these will ensure adequate support and protection.
Where do you buy the best elbow braces?
No doubt you could consider buying an elbow brace online. You probably already know that a search for such items on Amazon and several other great online shopping websites are great places to conduct your search. The advantage of a big store such as Amazon is that it provides you great comparisons of products across many brands, and provide you with price competition so that you can choose and order the right brace for you. Then, you could receive your best-quality-braces right to your door in the quickest possible time. Choose. Order. Have it delivered!
Why are some braces made with copper?
You may have heard that some braces incorporate copper into their devices. To infuse the material of the brace with copper ions has a range of benefits. Copper has been found to prevent odors. More importantly, there are other practical considerations. The copper can extend the life of a device, due to improved durability (amd improve its lifespan). Reports of increased comfort especially when work for extended periods. All in all, when copper (Cu) is infused into the product, performance, durability and stability improve.
Among the list of 10-Best-Elbow-Braces you’ll discover below, several of these incorporate copper.
Confused about the huge choice? We’re here to help
You are in the right place. Below, you’ll find comprehensive details of 10 products, curated and tested from among hundreds and hundreds of available products. You’ll find a comprehensive step-by-step process to select your required elbow brace. Here are our handpicked reviews of the best elbow support braces you can buy with full confidence. Take a look.
1. Elbow Compression Support Sleeve
Trendy-looking Elbow Compression Support Sleeve by Kunto Fitness
This fashionable brace comes with four-way compression technology to ensure proper pressure in the elbow region during heavy-duty activities such as weightlifting or powerlifting. It is made with a true-fit design to give you no-slip comfort during rigorous hand movements.
This elbow sleeve is…
- Made from premium quality material
- Maintains mild warmth in the elbow region for better and faster recovery.
- Modestly priced, which makes it one of the best elbow supports you can afford.
The compression sleeve is made of premium quality fabric which is durable, breathable, yet incredibly lightweight.
- The specialized fabric blend of 70% Nylon, 15% Spandex, and 15% rubber provides a four-way stretch.
- Gives maximum support during vigorous or repeated movements of tennis, golf and other activities
- The sleeve is specially sewn to ensure a proper fit around the elbow.
- Four-way stretching: Ensures unparalleled mobility with superior comfort
- Greater compression: Makes it one of the best elbow sleeves for powerlifting or weightlifting
- Incredible versatility: Ensures proper elbow support for all people across many age groups
- Superior non-slip grip: Secures its perfect position even during heavy activities
- Trendy look: Patterned design and color combination make it very stylish
- Pain relief: Helps to reduce elbow pain and swelling
- Vented fabric: Allows for adequate air circulation, and regulates temperature
Also Read: Best Knee Braces
2. Adjustable Compression Sleeve
Adjustable Elbow Support by Mueller
This ergonomic elbow brace embraces a convenient slip-on design which makes it easy to wear and easy to order because it comes in ONE SIZE. It is intelligently manufactured and comprises two adjustable straps (one at each end of the brace) to provide optimal elbow support. Its flexible design ensures a perfect fit for each wearer.
This versatile compression sleeve is constructed using innovative HydraMesh breathable fabric with anti-bacterial qualities. What you get is an odor-free compression sleeve for prolonged use. It is a well-priced brace with a sporty look, which makes it a perfect choice for any price-conscious athlete or just someone with annoying elbow pain for any reason. As it is a one-size-fits-most option, it’s great to store in the cupboard for use by the entire family.
- The core of this compression sleeve is primarily constructed from premium quality soft neoprene.
- The core is further reinforced with moisture-wicking HydraMesh fabric panel to ensure better breathability and comfort.
- The material is treated with antimicrobial agents to reduce the proliferation of odor-causing bacteria.
- Promotes healing: Soft neoprene retains body heat and increases the blood circulation
- Slip-on design: One-hand operation to create the perfect fit with use of adjustable straps
- HydraMesh panel: The moisture-managing fabric increases breathability and comfort
- Microbe Shield: Specially treated with antimicrobial agents for odor-free comfort
- Dual strap: To make it much more adjustable for a required custom fit
- Postoperative rehabilitation: Helps to reduce postoperative and post-traumatic irritation
- Sporty looking: The brilliant design makes it a perfect choice for golfers, tennis players, and basketball athletes
3. Elbow Compression Sleeve
Elbow Compression Sleeve by Crucial Compression
Another excellent elbow brace that provides complete protection:
- Durable and extremely lightweight elbow compression sleeve
- A pair of compression sleeves that provides support for both the elbows
- Excellent for weightlifting and powerlifting as it can provide complete bilateral support to both arms at the same time
- Moisture-wicking breathable fabric ensures maximum comfort even after extended periods of use
- Comes with a free guidebook
- Attractive deal for budget-conscious customers
The compression elbow sleeve is made from high-quality materials to ensure its durability and comfort. The breathable fabric is comfortable in hotter temperatures, yet warm in cold weather. It is a special blend of premium quality Nylon, Spandex, and Rubber, and makes it one of the strong elbow sleeves you can buy with full confidence.
- Instant relief: Extremely helpful in elbow stiffness and discomfort, especially during sports activities
- ComfortFlex design: Ensures an ergonomic fit for a comfortable fit
- Power support technology: Improves blood circulation and provides secure support
- Double stitching: To ensure its durability even through heavy use
- Perfect fit: Special sewing technique provides the desired fit for your elbows
- Pair packs: No need to buy two items for complete support
- Free guidebook: Top 10 Exercises to Prevent Tennis and Golfers Elbow eBook
4. ABYON Tennis Elbow Brace Set, 2-pack of sleeves (comes with 2 straps)
It’s called a Tennis Elbow Brace but of course you can use it for any reason, including arthritis, tendinitis, golfer’s elbow, bursitis and other conditions, ailments and injuries. The pack also includes two elbow straps to provide extra targeted compression. Place the strap on the forearm just below the injured elbow. Of course, you can wear a strap independently of compression sleeves, so this ABYON set is good to have and represents excellent value for money.
- Durable stretchy fabric: withstand rigors of wear anywhere, for all activities
- Contains neoprene for durability and great compression
- 3D knitted design makes it more comfortable
- Wicks moisture, keeps you dry
- Breathable, elastic, smooth, soft fabric
- 3D knitted weave: technology that creates greater support and enhances circulation
- No roll: fast relief, stays in place
- Durable sleeve: breathable, sweat-wicking, hypoallergenic, less itchiness
- Full range of motion: No movement restriction
5. Elbow Brace Compression Sleeve (1 pair) by FCNUSX
Protect your elbow with this supportive compression sleeve. It compresses the elbow joint and surrounding tissues and absorbs forces to provide protection. Get immediate pain relief from tendonitis (tendinitis), tennis and golfer’s elbow, arthritis etc. Wearing an elbow brace assists in recovery.
- Blend of 70% nylon, 15% spandex and 15% rubber (latex)
- Ventilated knitted fabric keeps the joint stable
- No itchy neoprene
- Unisex: for both male and female
- Comfortable support: not tight, does not compromise mobility
- Increases blood flow: during sedentary or athletic activity, rest and recovery
- Assists recovery: faster rate of recovery and reduces muscle fatigue
- Ventilated knitted fabric: keeps the joint stable
- Free returns
6. Thx4Copper Elbow Compression Sleeve 2-pack
This copper-infused elbow sleeve is sold as a pair. Expect your sturdy sleeve to:
- Speed up recovery and healing
- Retain warmth in the muscle and joint
- Provide you instant relief from muscle stiffness and soreness
- Restore movement and range of motion
Elbow braces are great for people who are athletic or sedentary, playing sports or sitting at a desk, for all sorts of conditions such as tennis or golfer’s elbow. Conditions such as tendinitis, arthritis, bursitis and osteoporosis benefit from wearing a compression sleeve.
- Breathable fabric
- Copper sleeve makes it stay fresher longer
- 88% copper nylon content—copper, not copper oxide—highest content available
- Wicks away sweat for improved comfort
- Retains warmth: encourage circulation and healing of muscle and joint
- Supportive flexible brace: restores full range of motion
- Comfortable: wear while at rest, play and work… all day, anytime, anywhere
- Reduces pain during all activities: sports, basketball, running, tennis, yoga, bike riding, gym and deskwork
- Non-slip fit: secure compressive benefits
7. Freedom Elbow Compression Sleeve made by Copper Fit
Let me introduce you to Copper Fit’s Elbow Sleeve. It’s called “Freedom” for a reason. It ranks very highly and has lots of benefits. Thanks to its high-performance design and contoured fit, it comfortably supports your elbow regardless of the reason you have to wear it (be it sports, computer or everyday work, injury or condition) and will relieve soreness and muscle and joint stiffness. Let’s take a better look together.
You’ll open the box to find one Freedom Elbow Compression Sleeve, with high-performance design that contours at the joint for a great fit. Let’s be clear, just about every sleeve aims to do what all other elbow sleeves claim to do. The trick is in finding the right one for you so you can optimize fit and results. What gives this one by Copper Fit great value is that many thousands have rated this highly (along with the other sleeves and devices in this list). No sleeve fits everyone, so read on to determine if this is the right one for you.
- 85% nylon, 15% spandex
- Reinforced silicone strip on upper arm helps to hold it in place
- Machine washable
- Copper infused high performance fabric
- Moisture-wicking to reduce odor, and increase comfort
- 4-way stretch for range of motion and flexibility
- Contour design: enhances fit
- High-performance design: contours at the joint for the perfect fit
- Esthetically unassuming: appeals to anyone to be worn anywhere
- Not bulky: easily wear under clothing
- Easy to put on without assistance: you pull it on into place
8. CAMBIVO Elbow Brace Compression Support, 2 Pack
This attractive pair of elbow braces…
Incorporates high-tech 3D weaving technology so that it can fit especially well to the contours of the elbow. Suitable for both men and women, the compressive effects of each sleeve can boost circulation and enhance healing and recovery time. This brace provides support for all fitness levels
- Comfortable, breathable fabric
- Blend of nylon, latex and spandex
- Flexible and breathable fabric
- Free from skin irritation
- 3D fabric technology to contour the device
- High-tech 3D fabric: creates optimal elbow fit, without seams
- Comfortable fit: allows full mobility during all ranges of movement
- Excellent support: Stability in action, to sustain optimal performance
- Snug fit: keeps your elbow warm, enhances healing
- Compressive effects: are targeted to the areas that need it
- Anti-slip: won’t roll down
Also Read: Best Neck Braces
9. Sparthos Elbow Compression Sleeves (Pair) for Men and Women
Your elbows work a lot, and they can be the forgotten heroes that are in non-stop use. That is, of course, until they start hurting. Then you really realize how valuable an asset it is to have smooth-working, pain free elbows!
Sometimes you can do all the right things, you warm up, you rest well and encourage full recovery. You even ice your elbows when you need to, but somehow you still need some additional help. Try the Sparthos sleeve.
This elbow sleeve:
- For people who have elbow pain, swelling, and discomfort due to almost any cause.
- Gets you through the day without pain and discomfort
- Compression helps improve blood circulation
- Relieves symptoms of tendinitis (tendonitis), elbow joint inflammation, tennis and golfer’s elbow, arthritis, bursitis, sprain, epicondylitis, cubital tunnel syndrome
- Wear it day or night, anywhere, at home, work or in the gym
- Can use to support your elbow pre-emptively, when you know you will be working or training hard.
- Takes the pressure off your bones, muscles, joints, tendons and ligaments.
- Helps you comfortably carry out those repetitive and stressful motions that trigger your pain.
- Made from innovative breathable elastic blend
- Lightweight and durable
- Spandex/nylon blend fabric with high-tech nylon yarn for full range mobility
- Slim and just like a second skin. Is easily obscured under clothing.
- Breathable fabric. Moisture wicks away so you can stay comfy even when you’re active.
- Compression: Improves blood circulation, can provide instant pain relief.
- Relieves pressure: lifts pressure from tendon, joints and other structures
- Snug fit: Like a second skin. Can be worn under clothing. Not bulky.
- Breathable material: Keeps you comfortable
- Comfortable fabric: you can wear it for hours without irritation. Helps you enjoy life without restriction.
10. APOYO Elbow Compression Sleeve
A great reliable brace that applies consistent pressure across your elbow joint. It has the added benefit of an adjustable strap around the forearm to provide targeted compression. Customize to your level of pain relief and comfort. It’s like having a 2-in-1 device.
Superior support, comfort and relief from one brace
- Durable knitted fabric
- Machine washable and airdry recommended
- No neoprene: Avoid the itch you get from neoprene
- Wicks moisture and sweat resistant
- Pain relief for anyone with elbow pain
- Helps improve blood circulation and hastens recovery
- Help you achieve peak performance
- Helps regardless of whether you have a chronic condition, have pain from repetitive movements in your normal everyday life, or need to perform competitive tasks or sports well.
- Good for tendinitis (tendonitis), joint inflammation, tennis elbow, golfer’s elbow, weightlifting, volleyball, basketball, baseball, crossfit, arthritis, and many assorted elbow problems.
- Protects you from further injury.
- Suitable for men and women.
11. Elbow Compression Sleeve
Elbow Compression Sleeve by Venom Sports Fitness
This lightweight and durable Elbow Compression Sleeve provides great compression and support. It helps to reduce pain and inflammation in the elbow joint which some people say makes it the best elbow sleeve for tendonitis.
This elbow brace features
- Breathable fabric which retains the proper amount of heat in the elbow area]
- This ensures greater comfort and faster recovery.
- With it’s all-black sporty look it is often the choice of youth sports enthusiasts.
Construction of this compression sleeve:
- High-quality fabric
- Provides proper compression in the joint. It is an excellent choice of elbow sleeve to reduce, minimize or eliminate pain.
- Besides, the material is lightweight and breathable, and also has an excellent elastic quality to ensure its durability.
- The material also has heat retention properties which ensure a faster recovery and superior comfort.
- Targeted compression: Supports rehabilitation of elbow joint pain and reduces inflammation
- Heat retention technology: To ensure great comfort and blood circulation
- No-hinged support: To ensure better mobility without compromising protection
- Lightweight design: Best suited for athletic activities such as Tennis, Golf, CrossFit, and Weightlifting
- Highly elastic: Provides better compression and durability than regular sleeves
- Extremely durable: Retains proper compression even after extended periods of use
- Complimentary PDF guide: Detailed recovery exercises for your elbow pains and sprains
12. Elbow Compression Sleeves (pair)
Elbow Compression Sleeve Pair by Nordic Lifting
This pair of extremely budget-friendly elbow compression sleeves comes with a 1-year complete manufacturer’s warranty. This inspires confidence in its purchase and is a great assurance of product quality (you’ll have plenty of time to return or exchange it, in the unlikely event you find any defect). Made by Nordic Lifting, it is constructed from Nylon, Spandex, and latex which assure its durability and the compression effect you will get while wearing it.
As a pair, this product is extremely affordable, especially when compared with the cost of single-unit braces. It is undoubtedly the best elbow support pair of braces with regard to the combination of price and quality.
These highly durable compression sleeves are made of premium quality Nylon yarn. The fabric is further reinforced with Latex and Spandex yarn to give it the required elasticity and better compression. The material retains heat to provide a soothing warm feeling in the covered area which helps in faster recovery. All these qualities make it perfect elbow support for the gym too.
- Premium quality material: Mainly made with Nylon which is reinforced by Latex and Spandex
- Perfect fit: Manufactured according to the highest quality standard materials and design
- Helps to avoid injury: The compression restricts unwanted elbow movements
- Unisex design: Special design is suited for both male and female
- Warm effect: The sleeve retains heat to ensure your elbow feels soothed
- Athlete-friendly: Great protection for playing basketball, tennis, weightlifting, or any other physical sports
- Premium Packaging: Comes in stylish packaging, which makes it perfect for gifting
Also Read: Best Shoulder Braces
The Ultimate Buyer’s Guide:
How to Choose the Best Elbow Braces
Most elbow-related problems can be solved through the engagement of a proper exercise routine along with the use of elbow braces. Medical practitioners, coaches, and trainers always advise using elbow sleeves during sports or fitness activities. Braces are beneficial in daily activities too as they provide adequate support to the bones, muscles, tendons, ligaments and all supportive structures of the elbow. Braces are particularly helpful during post-surgery rehabilitation.