Neck braces became one of the must-buy items as shoulder problems get to be quite common these days all over the US. Where many citizens sleep with their soft cervical collars even in a little pain, there are several of us also exists who often disregard that common strain in the neck that we have after a long working day or after a sports activity.
Over the last few years, neck related issues became quite a quotidian problem in the offices as many employees need to spent long work hours in front of computers, quite often in a particular posture according to their sitting habits. In addition to that, corporate people also suffer neck pains as they could not get the required physical activity to make the bone structure of the neck flexible.
On the contrary, fitness-fanatic people also suffer from neck related issues, majorly due to sports-related injuries. So at present, neck related supportive products such as neck braces or cervical collars became almost a household item for every family in the US.
Most of the neck related issues arise from two major factors, overuse and injury. Sitting for long hours in front of mac or sleeping in an awkward position majorly contributes to the overuse part. Not to mention, injuries can come to us in all possible way or manner. Neck injuries are prevalent for the people who love to play football or baseball. Moreover in many other sports like biking or diving, there is also a higher chance of neck injuries.
According to the 2009 report of the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, 14,390 neck fractures were treated that year at the emergency rooms, out of which 2,692 were sports-related injuries. As we all know, most of the body-contact games have a higher chance of injury, especially in the neck region. So it makes sense when we see our favorite NFL stars with neck braces.
But, why we need neck braces?
The neck is the uppermost part of the spinal column. And the cervical spine of our neck region is made of seven vertebrae separated by intervertebral discs which absorb shocks during our daily activity. Over the course of evolution, we developed this structure to safeguard the vulnerable spinal cord which runs through the center of the cervical spine. So when we get injuries in the neck region, it creates a higher chance of permanent damage due to the pregnable spinal cord.
Besides as after-surgery support, neck braces are now advised by all the doctors in the US for neck pains and soft tissue damage of the ligaments. Common neck problems like light injury or strain due to long work can be fixed through ice application and cervical collar use. Applying ice prevents swelling and muscle spasm, where neck braces restrict the movement of the neck joint during recovery.
And, which neck braces are the best?
Most of the customary neck related pains and strains can be fixed through physical therapy bundled with the use of soft neck brace support. Now, there are several excellent products available online which can come handy for you. Besides, Amazon can get your chosen pair of soft collar neck brace right in front of your door in the quickest time possible. For the ease of selection, our team researched through thousands of cervical collars and made a handpicked list of ten best cervical neck braces you can buy with full confidence.
Best Neck Braces
Here are some of the best neck braces for you by BracesBox.
Adjustable Neck Brace by VIVE – The most reliable soft collar support you can buy online
This cervical collar comes handy in pain relief and injury support. In like manner, this easy to put on product restricts the neck movement while giving the desired mobility and comfort. An excellent choice for everyday use, this neck brace is actually a superior soft foam collar which comes in two sizes, that fits universally, along with two color options.
Moreover, this non-rigid neck brace can also fast-forward your post-operative rehabilitation. Comes with an integrated fastener and Velcro strap, the ergonomically designed VIVE neck brace provides a supportive fit while providing proper air circulation.
The VIVE neck brace comes with Latex-free foam core which gives it complete flexibility. The core layer is intelligently wrapped with a breathable knitted material which provides maximum air circulation all around the neck. This soft and flexible neck brace can support your jaw and neck even while sleeping due to its contoured design.
- Fits for all: You can adjust the neck circumference easily with integrated fastener
- Contoured design for maximum comfort: The ergonomically designed contour cushions the jaw and neck
- Superior pain relief: The intelligent design restricts the mobility to relieve the neck pain
- Relieves cervical strains: The non-rigid collar relieves pains caused by cervical strains and sprains
- Superior Material: Premium quality foam core wrapped with breathable knitted material
- Easy to use: Comes with integrated Velcro straps to provide maximum ease of use
- 60-Day unconditional guarantee: You can buy it with full confidence as it comes with a 60-day no-question guarantee
Ergonomic Neck Brace by TOROS Group – The best collar support that comes with 100% cotton lining
This ergonomic cervical collar provides adequate support to neck and head, which in turn partially reduces the stress on the spine muscle and ligaments. Moreover, it comes with 100% cotton lining which provides maximum comfort even while wearing it for a long time. Besides, it is also quite an easy to wash product.
The superior design keeps the head in neutral position while decreasing the chance of chronic neck muscle tension thus ensuring the quickest recovery possible. Besides, it also provides a light heat-insulation while reducing the stress building on the shoulder girdle muscles.
This ergonomic neck brace comes with a medium density foam core specially designed to provide maximum support. The inner core is wrapped in 100% premium cotton which is super wash-friendly. Moreover, the cotton lining of this product also offers excellent breathability during the daily use, even on a sunny day.
- Superior fit: Integrated with an extended hook and loop closure which ensures a perfect fit
- Cotton Lining: The 100% cotton outer layer provides excellent comfort and air circulation
- Specially designed contour: The ergonomic design offers close fit while limiting the movement of the neck
- Supports the weight of the head: The ‘tip of the mandible to sternal notch’ width provides adequate support of the head
- Heat insulation: It keeps the neck warm during cold days
- Durability: The specially manufactured foam core is as durable as the cotton outer lining
- Absorbs moisture: The outer coating and strap absorbs the humidity and sweat
ProCare Low Contour Cervical Collar – One of the best neck braces with low contour design
The low-contour neck brace collar by ProCare provides rigid support to the neck while restricting the movement of the head. Moreover, the Velcro strap allows sufficient adjustment lengths to ensure a tight fit around the neck region. Ideal for cervical sprains, this soft neck collar support is specially designed for the individuals with a short neck height.
Besides, this product comes with a cotton stockinette cover which provides excellent breathability along with extended durability. This medium density soft collar works like a charm during the post-operative rehabilitation.
The inner core of the ProCare Low Contour neck brace is made of latex-free soft foam which ensures the longevity of the product. The soft foam core also provides sufficient cushioning of the neck to quicken the recovery. Moreover, it comes with a premium quality 100% cotton stockinette which is wash-friendly and super durable.
- Low-collar fit: Specially designed for the individuals with short necks
- Cotton stockinette: Superior 100% cotton outer liner allows maximum air circulation possible
- Low-cut contour: The intelligent design provides sufficient rigidity without compromising the jaw movements
- Fully adjustable: The Velcro closure allows a perfectly tight fit around the neck to ensure proper rigidity
- Contoured chin dip: The low cut contour in the lower jaw region allows sufficient movement of the chin
The Stifneck® Select™ Cervical Collar by Laerdal – The best neck brace for severe neck injuries
Specially intended for a C-Spine bag, the Stifneck Select collar comes with adjustable locks to ensure a tight placement. Besides, the locks also secure the symmetrical alignment to provide maximum comfort, even while sleeping. As a heavy-injury product, it has grooves which allow pulse checks.
Moreover, the intelligently–cut grooves provide space for advanced airway procedures which comes handy during serious sports injuries. In case of a child patient, the pediatric version is fitted with a pink strap to make it easily accessible in an EMS bag. In addition to that, the $16 price tag surely makes it a go-get product for budget-conscious people.
The medical grade outer hard layer is extremely durable which provides maximum support to the injured neck. Besides, this neck brace is MRI and CT- scan compatible to ensure ease of access during emergency situations. The radiolucent outer is also beneficiary during emergency X-rays. In like manner, the inner layer is entirely latex-free foam which gives sufficient comfort to the skin of the neck region.
- Medically designed: A must-buy for people with severe neck or spinal injuries
- Adjustable clips: to ensure easy adjustment of the height of the collar
- Ultra-light: Even after being a hard-outer product, it is super lightweight
- Specially designed for Trauma: Can be an integral part of your EMS kit
- Proper air circulation: Specially cut grooves allow adequate ventilation
- Superior inner foam layer: Relieves pressure of the pinched nerves in the neck region
- Head support: The hard outer layer provides sufficient support to the weight of the head
Universal Foam Cervical Collar by Core Products – One of the softest neck braces you can get in 2018
This ‘made in the USA’ product is fabricated with low-density foam inner layer covered with premium quality 100% cotton stockinette. Moreover, the contoured design provides adequate space for the chin dips while giving maximum support to the neck. One of the softest neck braces, it is a must-buy item if you are searching a cervical collar, especially for your sleep time.
In addition to that, the universal foam collar provides proprioceptive feedback to ensure maximum adjustability, even during daily activities. A must-have item for the individuals with neck pains, this foam collar can work like a charm.
Made of 1” low-density foam inner layer, the universal foam cervical collar by core products can provide adequate support to fast-forward your recovery. Besides, the superior quality 100% cotton stockinette allows maximum air circulation while giving you the desired comfort. Likewise, the outer cotton layer also makes it super easy to wash.
- Super-Soft inner core: The inner core is substantially firm which maintains the head in a neutral position
- Universal size: Fits for all upto a neck circumference of 24”
- Washable outer: The 100% cotton stockinette is easy to wash
- Proprioceptive feedback: The soft core adjusts its shape according to the neck region
- Limits motion: The superior contour design provides maximum support while restricting the head motion
- Bigger Velcro strap: The 3 ½” Velcro makes it super customizable
- A great alternative to neck pillows: This soft neck brace can be your best travel companion
Carex Cervical Collar by Carex Health Brands – One of the cheapest neck braces available online
The $8 neck brace by Carex Health Brands is an absolute champion for those who want a budget-friendly cervical collar. Besides, it also provides a superiorly firm and comfortable fit to ensure better adjustability. The convenient ‘hook and loop’ closure of this product gives maximum adjustments even for the individuals with shorter neck circumferences.
In like manner, the outer layer is made of porous cotton covering which allows better air circulation, even on a sunny day.
The inner core of Carex Cervical Collar is made of 1” soft foam which provides maximum firmness while keeping the head in a natural posture. The outer layer is actually a porous cotton cover which ensures excellent breathability. The combination of soft foam and cotton make it a daily-use neck brace you can have today.
- Budget-friendly: Best for the people who wants a budget option
- Ultra soft: To allow necessary movements while restricting the neck mobility
- Extremely breathable: The porous cotton cover allows better air circulation
- Wash-friendly: the foam and cotton combination makes it easily washable
- Neck brace for sleeping: The comfortable inner foam core provides great support while sleeping
- Hook and Loop: The convenient closure ensures proper placement within a second
- Absorbs moisture: The cotton outer absorbs moisture to a great extent
Soft Neck Cervical Collar by Velpeau – One of the best ‘V’ shaped neck braces in 2018
The specially engineered ‘V’ shape design of this Soft Neck Cervical Collar by Velpeau is one of the best neck braces for neck pain. Furthermore, the unique shape provides back and shoulder support during recovery. In addition, it stabilizes the vertebrae to provide greater assistance while relieving pressure in the spine.
The softness and flexibility of this product ensure you a great sleep by restricting the neck stiffness. Besides, this non-rigid soft foam collar also relieves headaches imposed by the cervical sprains and strains.
The Cervical Collar by Velpeau is a blend of premium quality and superior craftsmanship. This ultra-light neck brace is made of latex-free medium density mixed sponge inner core wrapped in a breathable outer layer. In addition to that, the outer lining absorbs the moisture and sweat to make it odor-free even after using it for a long period of time. The premium layer of this product also keeps your neck cool even after continuous use.
- Ergonomically designed: The ‘V’ shape design provides better support to the neck
- A sleeping companion: The soft core allows great comfort while sleeping
- Absorbs Sweats: Made of breathable and latex-free materials which also makes it dry and odor free
- Two stitching options: Has two options – stitching above or below the brace surface
- Stabilizes vertebrae: This non-rigid soft collar literally realigns the neck vertebrae
- Perfect fit: The adjustable Velcro at the back ensures the best fit
- Premium Quality: A mixture of best material with exquisite workmanship
- Money Back Guarantee: Comes with 12-month no question money back guarantee
Foam Cervical Collar Neck Support Brace by Nine Max – One of the trendiest neck braces with sleek design
The sporty looking cervical collar by Nine Max offers accelerated pain relief and correction of neck posture. The core of this cervical collar is moderately soft which allows a sound sleep. In addition, the soft inner foam core offers adequate support to the injured tissues while accelerating the recovery. Whereas, the outer layer of this product is made of a skin-friendly cotton material which also allows excellent air circulation.
The specially designed contour in this neck guard stabilizes the movement of the neck so preciously that helps the post-surgery rehabilitation too.
The premium latex-free inner foam is durable enough to make it a staple product in every family. Also, the core also limits the mobility while quickening the tissue recovery of the damaged ligaments. Besides, the superior quality skin-friendly cotton outer layer makes it stands amongst the best cervical neck braces you can purchase in 2018.
- Correct neck posture: The moderately soft inner core offers excellent stability to the neck region
- Skin-friendly outer layer: The premium quality cotton outer cover keeps the neck warm
- Lengthiest Velcro extension: The 4.3” Velcro extension is the lengthiest in its class
- Easy to wear: The special design makes it easily wearable
- Trendy look: Black color with bold lettering gives it a sporty appeal
- Supportive contour: Maintains the alignment of the neck while assisting recovery
- Sleep-friendly: Keeps the neck straight to avoid further damage
Tourmaline Portable Neck Brace by Turkino – The best neck brace for cervical arthritis
The specially engineered Turkino Tourmaline portable device is an excellent replacement for your old neck heating pads which need frequent battery changes. In like manner, it also helps to get rid of tangling wires. Embedded with three powerful magnets, this smart device keeps the problem areas warm. Besides, the magnets create a penetrating effect which is extremely helpful in acute neck pain, chronic stiffness and muscle spasms.
The warm impact of this cervical neck support helps speedy recovery of the sports injuries. Moreover, it is extraordinarily pocket-friendly and an outstanding choice for multipurpose use.
The Turkino Tourmaline neck brace is made of top quality latex and cotton material. The inner core of this product is embedded with powerful magnets which don’t feel heavy while wearing. This smart cervical collar has a soft outer layer made of premium quality cotton which also makes it lightweight and durable.
- Powerful Magnets: Creates a profound penetrating warm effect for faster recovery
- Superior design and texture: The trendy look makes it extremely travel-friendly
- Premium built: Made with best standard latex and cotton material which makes it soft but durable
- A helpful device in an acute migraine: Relieves the tense neck muscles
- Multipurpose: Can be used as a traditional neck brace or as a recovery-assistive device
- Family use: Your whole family can use it for their neck sprains and strains
- Medically tested: Approved by CE and FDA
JDOHS Air+ Inflatable Neck Brace by JDS Enterprises – One of the most useful cervical collars for neck pain
One of the premium quality cervical neck braces you can buy confidently online, the inflatable neck brace by JDOHS is a clear winner in its category. This cervical neck brace gives permanent relief from neck stress and pain if used 2-3 times daily for 10 to 20 days. Besides, the inflatable channels relieve the pressure from cervical discs which also make it one of the best neck braces for cervical arthritis.
Best used as a cervical traction unit, the JDOHS Air+ can also prevent the forward-and-down head posture while using computers or cell phones. Moreover, the traction channels relieve the pressure build-up on the neck muscle while avoiding the stiffness.
The JDOHS Air+ Inflatable cervical collar is basically made up of four elements. All the three inflatable air chambers are made of high-grade nylon material which further covered by velvet to provide comfort on the skin. The hand pump and adjacent hose are made of high-quality rubber. Besides, the valves are made of industry-standard metals to give the device its durability.
- Inflatable neck traction: The three-layer air chambers of JDOHS Air+ enhances pain relief
- Adjustable pressure: Comes with a hand pump so that you can inflate it according to your comfort
- Relief of acute neck pain: Really efficient if used thrice daily for 20 minutes each
- Must need for laptop or cell phone users: Daily use of this device relieves the pressure build-up on the neck region
- Maintains proper neck posture: The inflated air chambers entirely set the neck in a neutral stance
- Sturdy built: Superior quality neck brace material with a sturdy hand pump and metal valve
- Anytime-Anywhere device: Lightweight and can comfortably fit inside backpack or suitcase
The ultimate buyer’s guide for choosing the right neck brace
It is best to start the search for the required neck braces while having a specific demand set on the mind. You need to understand your actual requirements first, and to do that, start questioning yourself. Such as, which neck brace is best for motocross? And, if you are a swimmer or driver, you can plot the question accordingly. And then start the search for the neck brace that you really and specifically require. In case if you have a doubt on where to buy neck braces, Amazon and several other e-shopping sites are there to help you.
Read More: BestKnee Braces Reviews.
Author: William Shiel Jr
William C Shiel Jr., MD, FACP, FACR, has been the chief editor for MedicineNet.com since he co-founded it in 1996.
Shiel has authored and served as a reviewer for numerous articles on subjects related to arthritis for prestigious peer-reviewed medical journals. He has co-edited two medical textbooks. He is co-editor-in-chief of the Webster’s New World Medical Dictionary, Year 2000 First Edition and Year 2003 Second Edition. He has lectured in person and appeared on television and radio programs both for physicians and the community. He was a medical commentator for FOX News of medical issues related to the death of Pope John Paul II. He is a contributor for questions for the American Board of Internal Medicine. He is a regular reviewer of board questions on behalf of the American Board of Internal Medicine, Rheumatology Subspecialty. He served on the Medical and Scientific Committee of the Arthritis Foundation, and is currently on the Medical Advisory Board of Lupus International.