Back Braces are now becoming a must-needed item for every US citizen. As most of the people suffer from lower back pains or sprains due to injury, medical issue, or fatigue, back braces come handy to solve all the problems. Besides, it also ensures proper protection and safety of the lower part of your spinal column. Moreover, it prevents any kind of unwanted motion of your waist or lower back, especially during any variety of sports or fitness activities.
There are mainly three types of back braces you can get in the US. First, the regular back braces that have straps that ensure protection and safety during daily activities. Second, the back braces that come with removable lumbar pads for much higher compression when needed, and also provide greater comfort than the regular braces. And third, the therapeutic back braces that have embedded stones and magnets for a faster recovery and soothing warmth in the affected area.
So, who should wear back braces?
National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases conducted telephonic surveys of the North Carolina households to identify the chronic and impairing lower back pains of the US adults aged 21 years or more. They first conducted the survey in 1992 which covered 4,437 households. Then, they again repeated the survey with more details in 2006 which included 5,357 households.
The survey results were unexpected, and it shows that the impairing lower back pain of the US Citizens rose significantly in this 14-year period from 3.9% in 1992 to 10.2% in 2006. The symptoms and general health factor calculations were quite similar in both the surveys, but the back problems increased for both the gender in all the age groups in that 14-year gap. Moreover, the study also found that the proportion of US citizens who visited health care providers also increased significantly from 73.1% in 1992 to 84.0% in 2006.
So, it is now a proven fact that back pains became the most common health problem in the US which hampers the quality lifestyle. The back pains can range from a constant ache to a sharp pain that can make it hard even to move. And in all these lower back problems, back braces come real handy to reduce the pain and to provide further support and safety.
But, how back braces work?
The most affected area of any kind of lower back pain is the L1 to L5 vertebrae of our spinal column. It is the central element of the lumbar area of our lower back region which supports most of the upper body weight. Each of these vertebrae is further separated by round rubbery pads called the intervertebral discs. These discs act as natural shock absorbers for the spinal column, and further cushion the vertebrae during any movement. Besides, ligaments hold the vertebrae, and tendons work as the attachment between the muscles and the spinal column.
Besides the bone and muscle structure, 31 nerves inside the spinal cord control our body movements and also transmit the signal to our brain. Now, any kind of damage to the vertebrae, intervertebral discs, muscle, tendons, or nerve can cause severe problems, even permanent disability. Back braces hold the column in a proper place to further protect the vital structure. Besides, it also secures you from any unwanted lower back motions and injuries.
Rupture discs, sprain ligaments, irritate joints, and strain muscles can quickly lead you to back pain. Besides, sports injuries or accidents also contribute significantly to lower back pain related problems. Moreover, during the simplest of movements such as lifting something from the floor or sitting in the chair, you can sometimes feel the sudden pain in the lower back. Medical conditions like arthritis, slipped discs, and degenerative discs can also be the main reason for your back pain. And in all these conditions, the use of back braces with a proper lower back exercise routine can solve the issues.
And, what are the best back braces?
In case you are worried about buying a back brace with genuine quality and comfort, several amazing online shopping sites such as Amazon come real handy which will deliver your selected back brace in the quickest possible time, right in front of your door. And, if you are worried about choosing the right back brace for your need, we are going to give you a step by step detailed guideline right in this article.
Our qualified and experienced research team has tried and tested several hundreds of back braces from every major brand of the US. And now, we came with this list of best back braces which you can buy with full confidence. Take a look.
Best Back Braces
Here are some of the best back braces for you by the BracesBox website.
|1||255 Lumbar Support Back Brace||Mueller|
|2||CM-102M Back Brace||ComfyMed®|
|3||Stabilizing Lumbar Lower Back Brace||BraceUP®|
|4||Back Brace Support Belt||AidBrace|
|5||Back Support Belt||NeoTech Care|
|6||Lumbar Support Recovery Brace||Copper Compression|
|7||Back Support Lower Back Brace||AVESTON|
|8||Adjustable Lumbar Lower Back Support||Ziraki|
|9||Breathable Back Brace||Sparthos|
|10||Adjustable Lumbar Wrap||VIVE|
1. The 255 Lumbar Support Back Brace | The best back braces for Lumbar Orthosis
The newly improved 255 lumbar support back brace by Mueller improves the condition of muscle weakness of the back and abdominal region. Besides, it is extremely helpful in several medical conditions such as Lumbar Orthosis, Sagittal Control, Osteoarthritis, and also reduces the load on intervertebral I disc.
Moreover, it provides great support for any kind of lifting activity and also beneficial in posture control. Comes with adjustable lumbar pads, this back brace ensures adequate compression in the whole lower back region and reduces strains and muscle spasms.
The 255 lumbar support back brace is exclusively made of a premium blend of 40% Polyester, 27% Rubber, and 33% Nylon. Besides, it enables extra stability of the lower back region due to its flexible steel support along the spinal segment. In addition, the material is high-quality and also breathable to ensure superior comfort during regular use.
- Fully Adjustable: The double-layer design assures a custom and adjustable fit
- Super strong: The internal molded plastic components eliminate the chance of bunching or rolling
- Removable lumbar pad: Ensures sufficient cushioning and compression in the whole lower back region
- Supportive steel springs: To give additional stability during any kind of heavy activities
- Medically beneficial: Extremely helpful in Osteoarthritis and Lumbar Orthosis
- Superior support: Reduces the loads on L1 to L5 intervertebral discs
- Precise positioning: Comes with dual elastic tension straps in the outer segment
2. The CM-102M Back | The best back braces that come with removable lumbar pads
The intelligently designed CM-102M back brace by ComfyMed comes with three supportive bones on each side which provide superior support without jeopardizing the mobility factor. The double pull compression band ensures an easy and custom fit for your daily needs.
Besides, the removable lumbar pad ensures greater support and protection when you need it. Moreover, it is made of the highest quality material which is washable and also provides therapeutic warmth for faster and better recovery. And, the price bracket of $34.95 – $37.95 makes it super affordable.
The back brace is made of the finest quality material which ensures much greater durability even after prolonged use. Besides, the material is breathable and maintains proper air circulation in the affected area for superior comfort. In addition, it also provides therapeutic warmth and is also extremely easy to wash to ensure easy usability.
- Easy-grip handles: To ensure a proper adjustment with ease
- Ultra-durable: Stronger than the regular back braces to provide appropriate support during heavy activities
- Faster recovery: Extremely beneficial in Sciatica, Scoliosis, Herniated disc, and degenerative disc disease
- Reduce spasms: Extraordinarily helpful during any kind of lower back muscle spasm and sprains
- Easy to wear: Comes with two D-rings for better adjustability
- Heat insulation: Ensures a therapeutic warmth in the lower back region
- 12-Month Warranty: Comes with a no-question return/refund policy
3. Stabilizing Lumbar Lower Back Brace | Best back brace with double layer adjustment straps
The superior quality stabilizing lumbar lower back brace by BraceUP comes in a curved design which ensures a no-slip comfort and also eliminated the chance of bunching and rolling. The double tension straps provide much higher compression to protect you during serious fitness activities. Besides, ultra-light and durable material ensure its durability.
The silicone straps minimize the chance of slipping and maintain a proper position. Moreover, eight numbers of stays provide additional support for better protection and safety for the whole back region.
The main back brace is made of high-quality, durable material that is excellently breathable to ensure ease of use during hotter days. Besides, the mesh panels are super durable and provide extra support while releasing excess heat and moisture. Moreover, Silicone dual straps and stays ensure further protection with a no-slip comfort.
- Additional support: 8 nos. of stays provide additional support to the lower back region
- Dual straps: Ensures a greater compression and perfect fit
- Eliminates slipping: Comes with silicone straps for a comfortable no-slip fit
- Mesh panels: The panels dissipate excess heat to maintain a shooting temperature
- Moisture control: Mesh outing releases excess moisture for greater comfort
- Curved design: Ensures a proper fit and stays in perfect alignment
- 100% Money-back: Comes with a 1-month no-question money-back guarantee
Also Read: Best Shoulder Braces Reviews
4. Back Brace Support Belt | The best back braces for slipped discs problem
The ultra-durable back support belt by AidBrace comes with a removable and cushioned lumbar pad to ensure further pressure and better comfort. Besides, the vented mesh backing makes it really handy in heavy activities as it ensures proper air circulation. The double side straps ensure further protection and safety, and also the ease of adjustments.
The texture of this AidBrace back brace is unimaginably smooth, and it is also much more durable than the usual back braces. Without any doubt, the $34.97 price tag for this premium quality product is absolutely justified.
The back brace is made of the highest quality material which is durable to maintain the industry standard. Besides, the double-side straps are also strong and come with a mesh backing to ensure better breathability which provides additional comfort in hotter weather. Moreover, the stability stays ensure a no-slip feeling and superior fit.
- Removable lumbar pad: Comes with cushioned pads for additional support when you need it
- Upgraded Velcro: Comes with an improved version of Velcro for better durability
- Vented mesh: Ensures the breathability factor to provide a greater comfort
- Medically beneficial: Extremely helpful in Sciatica, Herniated, and Slipped Discs
- Double side straps: For much tighter tension adjustments with ease
- Stability stays: To ensure a no-slip feeling and further comfort
- Superiorly durable: Comes with industrial durability for years of support
5. Back Support Belt | The widest back braces you can buy with full confidence
The extra-wide back support belt by NeoTech Care is a highly recommended back brace for any kind of back-related medical conditions such as a slipped disc, degenerative disc, and Sciatica. Advised by numerous doctors and physiotherapists, this brace is much wider and reliable than the regular back braces to ensure better protection and support to the whole lower back segment.
Besides, the breathable fabric and elastic side straps make it much more comfortable and also ensure ease of use. Moreover, the $36.99 price tag for this high-quality back brace makes it a perfect choice for daily use.
The back brace is made of supreme quality breathable fabric which is durable and also ensures proper air circulation to eliminate the sweaty feeling. Besides, the specially designed crisscross elastic straps provide an extra shield of stability and support. Moreover, the fabric offers soothing warmth in the lower back region for a faster recovery.
- Elastic side panels: Comes with adjustable side panels for better compression
- Wider support: Much wider than regular back braces to ensure a greater area of protection
- Fine stitching: To ensure the durability of the back brace
- Fully adjustable: Comes with premium quality Velcro to make it easily adjustable
- Double pull support: To ensure more protection and better adjustability
- Reduces pain: Extremely beneficial in low back pains due to herniated disc or spinal stenosis
- Satisfaction guaranteed: Or else a free replacement or full refund
6. Lumbar Support Recovery Brace | Quality back braces with the high copper content
The extremely beneficial lower back lumbar support recovery brace by Copper Compression uses copper ions (Cu+ and Cu++) rather than the usual Copper Oxide (Cu2O) to ensure the highest quality and content of copper. Besides, the copper-infused material provides much greater compression and also ensures a faster recovery from any back-related problems.
Moreover, this brace is lightweight and durable to ensure the ease of daily use for several years. An excellent choice for a healthy lifestyle, this brace comes at just $29.95 price which makes it extremely budget-friendly.
The brace is made of 88% copper nylon and 12% spandex. The copper nylon provides maximum strength while being extremely lightweight, and is also beneficial to reduce pains or sprains. Moreover, the spandex content ensures its durability and also provides greater compression for maximum support and protection to the lower back area.
- Highest quality copper content: Uses copper ions (Cu+ and Cu++) to ensure maximum copper content
- Allows flexibility: Provides adequate support without harming the mobility factor
- Pain reductions: Extremely helpful in lower back pain, soreness, and stiffness
- Soothing warmth: To ensure a wide range of motions with ease
- High performance: Suitable for regular and heavy use, especially during sports activities
- Wash-friendly: Extremely washable and retains actual shape even after a prolonged use
- 100% Money-back guarantee: Comes with a no-question full refund policy
7. Back Support Lower Back Brace | The trendiest looking back braces in 2020
The trendy looking back support lower back brace by AVESTON comes with triple-layered elastic on the sides to ensure a greater degree of compression that aids the recovery and rehabilitation process of the whole lower back region. Besides, six vertical ribs provide the rigidity of the brace, and also make it durable for longer use.
The no-sweat comfort is a beneficial factor of this brace as it ensures a dry and comfortable feeling during any kind of activity. Moreover, the $25.90 price for this wide back brace makes it an excellent choice for budget-conscious customers.
The back brace is made of supreme quality breathable mesh elastic material to ensure a no-sweat comfort during daily use. Besides, the material is also strong and durable that assures its durability with an adequate amount of compression. Moreover, the elastics used in the side panels are also premium quality and gives the assurance of its longevity.
- Prevention of back pain: Provides strong back support for proper spinal alignment
- No-sweat comfort: Premium quality material ensures a proper fit without harming the comfort factor
- Three-layer elastic: For better compression to speed up the rehabilitation process
- Wide compression: Much wider than regular braces to ensure a greater area of safety
- Maximum support: Decrease the load from the spinal column
- Trendy look: Comes in a stylish navy blue color
- Injury prevention: Provides adequate compression and eliminates the chance of vertebrae dislocation
Also Read: Best Ankle Braces Reviews
8. Adjustable Lumbar Lower Back Support | Best FDA approved back braces
The specially manufactured adjustable lumbar lower back support by Ziraki comes with supreme quality tourmaline stones and permanent bread magnets to ensure therapeutic warmth and chemical-free massage for a faster recovery and better relief. Besides, the dual tension straps provide an adequate amount of compression in the lower back.
Moreover, this self-heating brace is FDA approved which further guarantees the quality standard of the product. And, the $10.00 price tag makes it the most affordable therapeutic back brace you can buy with full confidence.
The magnet embedded material is ultra-tough and comes with a self-heating technology for providing soothing warmth in the affected area. Besides, it also has supreme quality tourmaline stones which naturally help the healing process. The Double straps and the Velcro attached to it are also high-quality that further assures its durability.
- Tourmaline stones: Provide a warm and chemical-free massage in the whole lower back segment
- Permanent bread magnets: To ensure therapeutic healing benefits for faster pain relief
- Great support: Extremely beneficial during workouts or even in everyday chores
- FDA Approved: To ensure the highest quality standards for US customers
- Dual adjustable straps: For the ease of use and better compression
- Extremely affordable: Comes at just $10.00 price to make it a remarkable choice
- Satisfaction guaranteed: Or a 100% reimbursement of the product price
9. Breathable Back Brace | Easily cleanable back braces in the US
The supreme quality breathable back brace by Sparthos comes with a removable lumbar pad to ensure more support and compression when needed. Besides, the fabric allows proper air circulation for greater comfort. And, the elastic mesh of this brace is extremely strong which also ensure a tight fit and compression around the lower back region.
Industrial quality Velcro and superior support stays make it even more durable and also ensures a higher degree of protection. Besides, the $34.67 price tag for this easy-to-clean back brace makes it one of the most affordable choices.
Made of premium quality material, the fabric of this back brace is exceptionally sturdy and breathable to ensure proper compression and necessary comfort. The breathability factor makes it a great choice for any kind of heavy activity as it reduces the sweaty feeling. Besides, the industrial quality Velcro and elastic mesh give it the durability and also ensure further comfort.
- Excellently breathable: The premium quality fabric is extremely breathable to assure more comfort
- Flexible elastic mesh: To provide more compression and a perfect fit to the lower back
- Support stays: Provides additional support and durability
- Everyday use: A perfect back brace for your daily needs
- Removable lumbar pad: To ensure more compression and comfort when needed
- Heavy-duty Velcro: Industrial quality Velcro used to ensure the longevity
- Easy cleaning: Extremely wash-friendly material for ease of use
10. Adjustable Lumbar Wrap | Budget-friendly back braces available in the US
The ergonomically designed adjustable lumbar wrap by VIVE comes with an adjustable lumbar pad to ensure an extra pressure when needed. Extremely beneficial for the daily use, this brace helps to reduce the pains related to scoliosis, sciatica, injury, slipped or herniated discs. Besides, it also prevents the chance of re-injury while giving sufficient protection.
Moreover, it comes with dual adjustable fasteners which ensure a perfect fit without jeopardizing the comfort, especially during heavy activities. And, the $17.99 price tag for this supreme quality product makes it a budget-friendly choice.
This brace is made of high-quality Neoprene material which is ultra-tough but also incredibly lightweight. The material has excellent breathability factor to ensure greater comfort. The fasteners and Velcro are also high quality to ensure the overall durability of the product. Besides, the brace is extremely easy to wash to make it a perfect choice.
- Ergonomic design: To ensure a proper fit without harming the comfort factor
- Reinforced support: Provides targeted support in the lower back segment
- Relieves pain: Extremely helpful in chronic pain and sprains due to slipped and degenerative discs disease
- Adjustable lumbar pad: To provide additional support and pressure for targeted relief
- Adjustable fasteners: Dual fasteners can be easily adjusted to ensure proper support
- Durability factor: Premium quality Neoprene material makes the back brace strong and durable
- Vive guarantee: Comes with the 60-day unconditional return/refund policy
Also Read: Best Knee Braces Reviews
Ultimate buyer’s guide for choosing the right back braces
Most of the US doctors and medical practitioners advise proper medication with the use of back braces for post-rehabilitation and also for the pains related to Sciatica, Slipped or Degenerative discs, Scoliosis, and any other lower back-related medical problems. Besides giving the proper support to the entire lower back segments, back braces ensure faster pain relief, and also provide protection to prevent further injury or any unwanted motions like twisting or bending.
William C Shiel Jr., MD, FACP, FACR, has been the chief editor for MedicineNet.com since he co-founded it in 1996.
Shiel has authored and served as a reviewer for numerous articles on subjects related to arthritis for prestigious peer-reviewed medical journals. He has co-edited two medical textbooks. He is co-editor-in-chief of the Webster’s New World Medical Dictionary, Year 2000 First Edition and Year 2003 Second Edition. He has lectured in person and appeared on television and radio programs both for physicians and the community. He was a medical commentator for FOX News of medical issues related to the death of Pope John Paul II. He is a contributor for questions for the American Board of Internal Medicine. He is a regular reviewer of board questions on behalf of the American Board of Internal Medicine, Rheumatology Subspecialty. He served on the Medical and Scientific Committee of the Arthritis Foundation, and is currently on the Medical Advisory Board of Lupus International.