Knee pain is very common and can characterize by various reasons. Similarly, knee pain can be a symptom of many other knee conditions or injuries. Inner Knee Pain is very severe and can stop your movement. Moreover, in medical terms the inner knee is also called the “medial knee” or the “medial compartment” it is the part of the knee closest to the opposite knee.
Similarly, the medial knee normally occurs due to injury during the sport or some type of trauma to the knee. In fact, the knee is the most delicate joint of the body so it can be damaged even by a slight twist. More importantly, the knee consists of four ligaments, several tendons, the intersection of four bones, and lastly cartilage.
Also Read: Best Knee Braces For Instant Recovery
Causes of Inner Knee Pain
There are so many reasons that can cause knee pain in other words many factors are responsible to cause inner knee pain. In this case, the most common causes are sudden fall, repetitive use of the knee, and collisions in sports.
Especially, adults and adults over 60 years are prone to get knee injuries. However, inner knee pain can also occur among children and teenagers. According to the American Academy of Family Physicians, the following are the main causes of inner knee pain.
- Osteoarthritis: This particularly breaks down the cartilage, causes the bones to grind with each other. In fact, this pain is very difficult to tolerate and becomes severe with the passage of time.
- Medial Collateral Ligament Injury (MCL): The overstretching of the ligament can cause MCL sprain.
- Medial Meniscus Injury: The meniscus act as a cushion between the bones in a joint. Moreover, a meniscus can tear if a knee is rotated massively or put under pressure.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: It is an autoimmune disease that can cause inner knee pain. Consequently, RA causes inflammation of the joint along with severe pain.
- Knee Contusion: If you have fallen suddenly or your knee is blow by some heavy object then you can eventually suffer from a knee contusion. In this case, the joint becomes black or blue with swelling along with stiffness.
Treating Inner Knee Pain:
Knee injuries are very common to happen. However, some injuries can be resolved at home. In contrast, if the injury takes more than 3 days, for this reason, you must visit a doctor. So, a doctor will recommend detailed treatments depending upon the extent of your injury.
Home Remedies for Inner Knee Pain:
Some of the knee injuries are minor and can treat at home easily without any inexpensive supplies. In this case, the most common home remedies are icing, rest, hot/cold compression therapy, and RICE. Similarly, the RICE methods include the following treatments
- Avoid the movements that cause pain like running and taking stairs.
- Try to out minimum weight on the knee, in this case, use crutches.
- Put ice packs on the knee, particularly 3-4 times a day.
- Wrap the knee with an elastic compression bandage.
- Place pillows under your knee in order to keep it at height than your heart.
You can also take steroid-free anti-inflammatory drugs, for example, ibuprofen to reduce swelling and pain. Moreover, if the same symptoms persist after 72 hours, then it is compulsory to visit the doctor immediately.
Professional Treatments for Inner Knee Pain:
If your inner knee pain gets severe even after the initial home aid then it is best to visit a doctor to acquire medical treatment. However, the doctor will give you the following treatment.
- Steroid Injection
- A Knee Brace
- Physical Therapy
The best way to keep your knee healthy after an injury or surgery is to follow the exercises. The exercises strengthen the knee muscles and joints particularly suggested by the physical therapists and doctors.
Most importantly, according to the research study of the University of Minnesota’s Department of Orthopedic Surgery, 2008 the study concludes the following helpful exercises to prevent inner knee pain
- Leg presses
- Mini squats
- Straight leg lifts
- Leg extensions
- Knee bending
- Walking and Running on the elliptical machines
- Stationary Biking
Lastly, you must include the above-mentioned exercises in your daily routine in order to keep your knees away from pain and healthy.
I am Raja Waheed. A fitness geek and an amateur boxer. Because of the nature of my sports, my knowledge for braces is quite good.
The main aim to launch Bracesbox is to provide you with authentic information about different kinds of braces in the market.
Usually, the so-called brands sell you a piece of junk in the name of best braces so that’s the reason I am here to guide you about these braces from my honest and unbiased reviewing guides.