Wrist braces are the only supporting tools besides effective medication that can completely heal or speed up the recovery process of your wrist injury. It will immobilize the joints, provide the required support, and will also restrict the fluid accumulation of your wrist area. Doctors and healthcare experts also suggest their patients get the best wrist braces during the recovery process of several diseases like tendonitis and carpal tunnel. And, here goes the step-by-step guide to help you get the right wrist braces.
Types of Wrist Braces
According to the compression, the wrist braces can be divided into three main categories that are hard compression, moderate compression, and mild compression. But, according to the construction of the braces, wrist braces can be divided into five main categories. So, let’s have a look at all these five main categories.
Cock-up Wrist Splints:
This type of braces is used for various conditions where complete immobilization is needed in the hand and thumb joint as well as hand and wrist joints. Apart from injury recovery, this brace can also be used to stabilize the wrist joint. It also effectively decreases the overall recovery time.
Carpal Tunnel Splints:
People suffering from carpal tunnel syndrome often feel pain in hand as well as numbness and tingling sensation. The patients also find it really difficult to move their fingers. And for that, this type of wrist braces are used to avoid too much pressure and stress in the wrist and thumb joint that provides pain relief.
Arthritis and Tendonitis Wrist Braces:
Patients suffering from osteoarthritis and tendonitis feel extreme pain in the wrist and thumb. The pain and swelling often increase after performing twisting movements like using a doorknob. And for that, this kind of wrist braces are used to completely restrict the movement of the wrist joint as well as to give support.
Wrist Compression Wraps:
This kind of wrist braces is often called as the compression bandages. It is a very common item in our everyday first aid kits. It is mainly used for giving immediate support after injury and also to restrict the fluid accumulation in the injured area. However, it is not a permanent solution for any pain or even to give daily support to your wrist joint.
Thumb Spica Splints:
This type of wrist braces completely immobilizes the thumb as well as the thumb-hand joint. However, it doesn’t restrict the hand or wrist movement. It is now used to treat several conditions such as Scaphoid Fracture, Lunate Fracture, Trapezium Fracture, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, First Metacarpal Fracture, Ulnar Collateral Ligament of the Thumb Injury, De Quervain’s Tenosynovitis, and Hamate Fracture.
Best Brands of Wrist Braces
There are at least a hundred brands that now produce good quality wrist braces in the United States alone. However, not all the brands give you the perfect balance of efficiency and budget. So, here are some of the best brands that now produce the best wrist braces.
Mueller Sports Medicine:
Curt Mueller first developed the idea to start his own sports care brand during his time with the University of Wisconsin basketball team. And in 1959, he started developing his own support accessories in his family’s drugstore. And now, it has a global presence and made its name as one of the best manufacturers of the compression braces and sleeves.
It is probably the best company that produces braces and compression sleeves that have at least 85% copper-infused nylon. This unique blend not only aids the overall stability of the wrist joint but also enhances the durability of the products. Besides, this company also has a complete money-back guarantee with all their products.
Headquartered in the beautiful city of Lexington in Massachusetts, this company has already made its name in the sports accessories industry in the United States. Besides their regular ‘Everyday Sports Series’, this company now also produces ‘Everyday Care Series’ for the patients in need of a little extra care and the ‘Knitted Series’ for the people looking for better comfort.
This brand has already made its name as one of the most trusted online medical equipment stores in the United States. They are also known for making best-quality braces that are also extremely valued for money. Besides, they now also have their global presence and currently ship directly to each corner of this blue planet through their own website as well as amazon.
If any brand in the medical equipment industry is known for giving seamless customer support, then it is definitely the one. Starting from the products to support sports injuries to high-quality medical accessories, this brand has also delivered its expertise in all fields. They are now making premium quality wrist braces that are globally available.
More than 40 years ago, the founder of this company started talking with professional athletes and sports medicine professionals to come up with a unique range of products that perfectly suits the customized need of every patient. And now, this company has its footprints in more than 44 countries all over the world.
Save Yourself from Buying Wrong Wrist Braces
There is a high chance of buying the wrong kind of wrist brace if you are not in touch with any healthcare professional or doctor. And, it is also difficult for you to select the right kind of wrist brace as there are several thousands of wrist braces available on the market. So, here is a brief detail to understand how much compression you need and how to avoid buying the wrong one.
Mild Support Wrist Braces:
If you are suffering from minor injuries like small twists or strains, then it can be an ideal option. It will also give you support during recovery. However, it will be a bad choice if you need better support and also want to immobilize your thumb or wrist joint. These braces are also made of lightweight material that is perfect for everyday use only in case of light injury.
Moderate Support Wrist Braces:
This type of braces is typically made of metal splints or semi-rigid splints made of hard plastics. And for that, it completely restricts the movement of the wrist. Besides, it is also a bit heavy than the braces that provide mild support. Starting from tendonitis to carpal tunnel, this brace can be used in several medical conditions.
Maximum Support Wrist Braces:
This kind of braces is ideal for serious injuries like wrist fractures. It will not only give you the maximum support possible but will also completely restrict the movement of any joint. However, it is not ideal for regular use and should be used only under medical supervision. This kind of wrist braces is also expensive than the other braces.
And now, we came with the list of best wrist braces you can buy with full confidence. Take a look.
Best Wrist Braces
Here are some of the best wrist braces for you by BracesBox.com
|1||Fitted Wrist Brace Green Line||Mueller|
|2||Universal Wrist Brace||Vive|
|3||Adjustable Wrist Support||BraceUP®|
|4||Adjustable Athletic Wrist Brace||JunoSports|
|5||Wrist Brace Pair||Houseables|
|6||Night Wrist Sleep Support Brace||AidBrace|
|7||Splint Wrist Brace||ACE|
|8||ComfortFORM Wrist Support Brace||DonJoy|
|9||Quick-Fit II Wrist Support Brace||ProCare|
|10||Recovery Wrist Sleeve||Copper Compression|
Fitted Wrist Brace Green Line – The best wrist braces with green fabric construction
The ergonomically designed green line wrist brace by Mueller maintains the full range of finger movements while providing a strong support and protection to the entire wrist zone. The adjustable straps provide a custom fit while the support stays offer great comfort. Besides, it is extremely beneficial to reduce wrist pains and swelling, and even for postoperative rehabilitation.
Moreover, the fabric is treated with antimicrobial agents to ensure an odor-less prolonged period of use. Comes with a separate right or left-hand design, the price tag of $13.25 for this premium quality wrist brace is a great bargain indeed.
The fabric of this wrist brace consists of three layers. The outermost layer is soft and durable followed by the core layer made with non-petroleum based materials. And, the inner lining is made of 67% recycled PET bottles so support the green fabric construction initiative. All three layers together make a lightweight, durable, and strong support to your wrist zone.
- Breathable Material: To make it suitable for all-day wear with perfect comfort
- Adjustable Straps: Comes with easily operated hook and loop closure for a custom fit
- Metal Spoons: Padded metal spoon for a supportive and contoured fit
- Supportive stays: Contoured stay in the top side of the wrist portion for added protection
- Green fabric construction: Inner lining made of 67% recycled plastic bottles
- Antimicrobial treatment: Eliminates odor and the growth of microorganisms and bacteria
- 50 Years of trust: Mueller is manufacturing the highest quality sports medicine products for five decades
Also Read: Best Knee Braces Guide
Universal Wrist Brace – The best wrist braces with a removable splint
The extremely durable universal wrist brace by Vive not only helps to relieve wrist pains, strains, and ligament injuries but also beneficial in severe medical conditions such as arthritis, carpal tunnel, and tendonitis. Comes with a removable aluminum splint, this brace offers great protection and wrist support with a perfect comfort to make it suitable for all-day use.
Moreover, two adjustable straps offer a custom compression for added comfort to quicken the recovery process. And, the extra strength fasteners ensure a no-slip fitting and also eliminate bunching of the brace to make it a not-to-miss product.
This wrist brace is made of the highest quality neoprene material which is lightweight but extremely durable. Besides, the material is also breathable to ensure far greater comfort, even in hotter weather. Moreover, the material retains body heat to offer therapeutic warmth in the affected region. The extra strong fasteners are also helpful to acquire a custom fit.
- Universal fit: The ergonomic design ensures a proper fit for any size of wrist
- Maximum support: Helps to reduce pain and swelling while ensuring no further injury
- Therapeutic heat: The material retains body heat to provide therapeutic warmth
- Medically beneficial: Extremely beneficial in arthritis, tendonitis, and carpal tunnel
- Adjustable straps: Comes with two straps for a perfect fit while ensuring the required protection
- Removable splint: Comes with a removable aluminum splint for stabilization of the wrist in a neutral position
- Vive guarantee: Comes with 60-day unconditional return/refund policy
Adjustable Wrist Support – The most breathable wrist braces you can buy
The premium quality adjustable wrist support by BraceUP has three-layer outer surroundings which is extremely breathable to provide greater comfort, even in heavy activities like sports or fitness training. Besides, the antimicrobial treated inner layer provides adequate support and also absorbs sweat to ensure a dry and comfortable use.
Comes in a universal size and unilateral design, this wrist brace is perfect for a whole family need. Moreover, the $7.99 price for this thumb-loop designed brace makes it a perfect choice for any budget-conscious US customers.
Made of premium quality neoprene-blended material, the fabric of this wrist brace is breathable and also provides soothing warmth for much greater comfort and faster pain relief. Besides, the antimicrobial treatment on the fabric reduces the growth of odor-causing microorganisms and bacteria which ensures an extended period of comfortable use.
- Faster pain relief: Helps to relieve sore or week wrists, strains, and wrist pains
- Easy to wear: The unique thumb-loop design makes it extremely easy to apply
- Bilateral design: The ergonomic bilateral design offers a perfect fit in both right and left hand
- Anti-odor properties: Inner lining is made with antimicrobial treatment which controls the bacteria growth
- Soothing warmth: The fabric of this wrist brace provides soothing warmth for therapeutic relief
- Premium material: Supreme quality neoprene blend gives it the required rigidity and durability
- Sweat absorption: The inner lining has sweat absorption qualities to ensure a dry and perfect comfort
Also Read: Best Back Braces Guide
Adjustable Athletic Wrist Brace – The best wrist braces for athletes
The uniquely designed adjustable athletic wrist brace by JunoSports not only helps in tendonitis pains but also ensures a faster relief in any kind of arthritis or carpal tunnel pain. Comes with bigger thumbholes, this brace is absolutely easy to wear and is reversible to make it suitable for both-way use. Moreover, the material has sweat absorption qualities which ensure dry comfort.
Especially advised for athletic activities such as powerlifting, CrossFit, calisthenics, basketball, baseball, tennis, or any kind of sports which requires severe wrist movements, this brace is a sportsman’s choice. And the $15.97 price tag, that too for a pack of two, makes it a really budget-friendly option.
The orthopedic quality neoprene material provides sufficient compression while maintaining an optimal wrist position for faster pain relief. Besides, the material has great sweat absorption qualities and dries very quickly to make it a perfect choice for athletes and weightlifters. Moreover, the material is also nicely breathable to ensure higher comfort.
- Improved comfort: Comes with bigger thumbhole with rolled edges for added comfort
- Reversible design: Allows two ways of wearing the wrist wrap according to choice
- Absorbent material: To ensure a dry and sweat-free use of the wrist brace
- Athlete friendly: Protects and stabilizes the wrist with gentle compression while allowing full range of movement
- Flexibility factor: Provides sufficient compression without restricting the mobility
- Optimal positioning: Maintains a neutral wrist position to ensure no further injury
- Unisex design: Sleek and trendy design to make it also suitable for women
Also Read: Best Posture Braces Guide
Wrist Brace Pair – The best braces that come in a pair pack
The heavy-duty pair of wrist brace by Houseables is a rigid protector of the entire wrist zone but is also extremely easy to wear. You just need to slide your hand through this brace and your thumb in the loop, now tighten the three sturdy straps to get great support and protection. Easily adjustable with Velcro, this brace not only provides maximum protection but is also extremely comfortable to wear.
Moreover, the breathable soft material is also durable which makes a perfect balance between comfort and efficiency. Besides, the $9.81 price tag, that too for a pair of braces, is a grand bargain for any US customer.
This brace is made of latex-free durable materials which make it a perfect choice for regular use for a prolonged time. The mesh fabric is soft and maintains proper air circulation to ensure much better comfort in the wrist area. Besides, the fastening rings and Velcro straps are also great in quality which provides needed compression while promising its longevity.
- Ergonomically designed: Specially made for arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome, and any other joint-related issues
- Breathable material: Maintains adequate air circulation for better comfort
- Mesh Material: The moisture releasing mesh fabric is lightweight but durable
- Easy adjustments: Long premium quality Velcro straps offer a custom fit
- Rigid support: Provides stabilizing support to the wrist for faster recovery
- Complete protection: Provides full wrist joint protection and eliminates the chances of injury
- 90-Day Guarantee: Comes with a 100% money-back policy
Night Wrist Sleep Support Brace – The best wrist braces for sleeping
The super-tough night wrist sleep support brace by AidBrace is a perfect companion for sleeping if you are suffering from excruciating wrist pains, strains, carpal tunnel syndrome, arthritis, tendinitis, or any other pain-related issues. The rigid structure and metal splint provide extra protection and safety to eliminate the chance of further injury and also stabilizes the wrist in a neutral position for faster recovery.
Comes with cushioned palm support, this brace is also breathable and soft to provide greater comfort with even greater protection. Moreover, the $17.97 price for this bilaterally designed rigid support brace makes it perfect for any kind of severe wrist injuries without much trouble in the pocket.
This brace is made of the premium quality breathable material to offer better comfort, especially for a sound sleep. Besides, the inner lining of this brace is soft which provides enough protection without harming the comfort factor. And, the cushioned beads provide added comfort, and the padded palm support also makes it perfect for using while you sleep.
- Protects while you sleep: Stabilizes the wrist from movements to ensure safety while sleeping
- Premium material: The durable and breathable material ensures better comfort
- Padded support: Comes with soft and cushioned palm support for more comfort and support
- Metal splint: To ensure much greater safety and protection while offering maximum support
- Bilateral design: Fits easily in both the right and left hand with full adjustability
- Rigid structure: To ensure much greater safety and protection for faster recovery
- Speeds up recovery: Extremely beneficial in carpal tunnel syndrome, sprains, and tendinitis
Splint Wrist Brace – The best wrist braces with low cut design
The athlete-friendly splint wrist brace by ACE provides a moderate level of stabilizing support to the entire wrist area which helps to reduce pains and also eliminates the chance of unwanted and hazardous wrist movements. It assures great protection and is also extremely lightweight which makes it a perfect choice for any athletes or fitness enthusiasts.
Moreover, it comes with three straps with a hook-and-loop closure which ensures easy adjustability and is also easy to wear. Besides, the unique low-cut design for just $11.24 price makes it a clear winner for regular use.
This wrist brace is made of a supreme quality material which is lightweight to make it suitable for daily use. Besides, the material is also breathable to ensure all-day comfort. The palmar splint, straps, and hook-and-loop closure are also of great quality which provides enough compression and also assures the longevity of the product.
- Stabilizing support: Provides moderate-stabilizing support to the entire wrist zone
- Easy to wear: Extremely adjustable and very much easy to put it in the proper position
- Low-cut design: To ensure much greater comfort and a custom fit
- Premium material: Great quality latex-free breathable material provides comfort and protection
- Athlete-friendly: A great gear for sportsmen as it ensures enough support without harming the mobility
- Custom compression: Three straps with hook-and-loop closure provides needed compression
- Palmar splint: To ensure rigid support to the affected wrist area
ComfortFORM Wrist Support Brace – The best wrist braces for arthritis
The extra-rigid ComfortFORM wrist support brace by DonJoy comes with a removable contoured aluminum stay to ensure much greater protection and stabilization when you need it. It completely maintains a neutral position of the wrist to ensure faster recovery and also eliminates the chance of further injury. Besides, the $10.99 starting price of this product makes it perfect if you need a strong but budget-friendly brace.
Moreover, it is easily adjustable and also easy to wear to ensure hassle-free daily use. And, the premium quality material and longer Velcro straps also provide a custom compression according to your need.
This wrist brace is made of the highest quality material to ensure its longevity and durability. Besides, the material is nicely breathable which ensures better comfort even after using it for an extended period of time. Moreover, the sturdy straps with high-quality Velcro also assure its quality standard while providing a proper contoured fit.
- Five variants: Comes in five different sizes to ensure a perfect fit for any wrist
- Rigid support: Provides much greater safety and protection than regular wrist sleeves
- Medically beneficial: Specially designed for people suffering from CTS, arthritis, tendinitis, and wrist pains
- Pain relief: Extremely helpful for reducing swelling and acute pain
- Removable stay: Comes with the removable aluminum stay which stabilizes wrist flexion
- Easy adjustability: The long Velcro straps provide a custom fit easily
- Avoids re-injury: The rigid support eliminates the chance of any injury while wearing it
Quick-Fit II Wrist Support Brace – The best wrist braces for post-injury protection
The ergonomically designed Quick-Fit II wrist support brace by ProCare comes with innovative technology for securing the wrist brace in the proper place. Comes with a string-pull mechanism, this brace offers easy adjustability to assure the required amount of compression without any hassle. Besides, the securing strap that runs between the thumb and index finger offers a no-slip comfort.
Comes at just $15.84 price, this brace has an extra dorsal stay pod to offer maximum immobilization when needed such as during injury or trauma care. Moreover, the trendy design also makes it hard to miss.
Made of nylon/foam laminate which is lightweight but extremely and provides rigid support. Besides, the material is soft to offer more comfort. And, the breathability of the wrist brace is also perfect to make it suitable for a prolonged period of use. The main straps along with the pulling cords are also premium quality to offer higher longevity of this brace.
- Dorsal stay pod: Come with a removable stay pod to ensure complete immobilization
- Multifunctional use: Ensures required regular protection and maximum immobilization when needed
- Sports-friendly: Provides massive support to the wrist joint to eliminate hazardous movements
- Contoured palmar stay: To offer an anatomical fit for maximum support and safety
- Heavy support: Provides necessary support for post-injury or trauma treatments
- Singular closure system: Comes with a single-pull strap that offers easy adjustability
- Universal design: The trendy design is suitable for both men and women
Recovery Wrist Sleeve – The best sleeve style wrist braces you can buy in 2020
The specially manufactured recovery wrist sleeve by Copper Compression has the highest copper content and also uses genuine copper ions in the material which is extremely beneficial for anyone suffering from carpal tunnel syndrome, cubital tunnel, arthritis, and any other wrist related issues. Besides, it offers adequate compression and protection to make it suitable for any need.
The long compression strap offers a custom compression according to the choice that varies from person to person. Besides, the $18.95 price for this supreme quality brace pair makes it perfect for any budget-conscious customers.
Made of the highest quality copper-infused material, the fabric is lightweight, durable, and extremely soft to provide sufficient comfort and protection. Besides, it is manufactured using genuine copper ions rather than the usual copper oxide to assure maximum copper content. Moreover, the Velcro strap is long and durable which offers required compression and durability.
- Genuine copper ions: Uses Cu+ and Cu++ ions rather than the much-used Copper Oxide
- Highest copper Content: Made with the highest quality copper for maximum copper content
- Supports stiff muscle: Medically beneficial to reduce stiff and sore joint and muscles
- Custom compression: Longer Velcro strap offers adjustable compression according to personal need
- Sizing options: Comes in four different sizes to make it suitable for any wrist size
- Soothing warmth: Keeps the muscle and joint warm all day to ensure the highest efficiency
- 100% Money-back: Comes with a no-question full refund policy
Also Read: Best Ankle Braces Guide
Scientific studies and stats backing the use of wrist braces
Wrist braces are now gradually becoming a household item in every US family as most of us suffer from wrist pains at some of our lives. Wrist braces not only help to cure the common wrist problems but is extremely helpful for protection during any medical treatment. It can also reduce swelling, and is beneficial in acute pains too. So, a wrist brace can be a good friend if you wish to achieve a quality lifestyle.
According to a report by the Institute of Medicine of The National Academies, 100 million Americans suffer from chronic pain related issues where just 25.8 million suffer from diabetes. Surprisingly, only 11.9 million Americans suffer from cancer which is around ten times less than pain-suffering patients. This report shows us that acute pain-related problems are the most common health issues in the United States.
FAQ regarding Wrist Braces
Who should wear wrist braces?
According to a research report by the American Family Physician, carpal tunnel syndrome is now the most common entrapment neuropathy in America. Around 3% to 6% of the adult populations are now suffering from this medical issue. But thankfully, six to three months of conservative treatment can completely cure the patients having mild disease. The time frame can vary according to the severity of carpal tunnel syndrome.
And another report by the Cleveland Clinic shows that almost everyone suffers from osteoarthritis at some point in their life. Around 60% of the population over 60 years of age suffers from this issue, and it touches 80% to 90% in the case of over 75 years of age. Surprisingly, women are much more prone to osteoarthritis than men. Besides, the report also describes that 1% of the adult population now suffers from rheumatoid arthritis, and women are three times more prone to this disease than men.
In all the wrist related common issues such as pain, strains, and swelling, along with the severe medical issues discussed above, wrist braces are really beneficial. It not only aids the recovery process but also assures safety while treatment, and also eliminates the chance of re-injury.
How do the wrist braces work?
The wrist is probably the most complicated joint in our body that connects the hand to the forearm section. The entire wrist structure starts with two forearm bones, radius, and ulna. These two bones are connected to the hand through eight small carpal bones arranged in two rows. Now, wrist braces provide the full safety of this joint, especially to the carpal bones, and also restrict the chance of any displacement.
All the doctors, medical practitioners, physical therapists, trainers, and coaches now advise to use a wrist brace for injury recovery and also for injury prevention. Using a good quality brace with proper wrist exercise regime could solve all the common wrist related problems like pains, strains, and swelling. Besides, it also eliminates the chance of any further injury during the recovery process.
Where to find the best wrist braces?
Firstly, if you have any doubts about where to get good quality wrist braces, several fantastic online shopping sites such as Amazon can be your perfect choice. They will deliver your selected brace right in front of your door at the quickest possible time. And secondly, if you are worried about how to choose the best wrist brace, then you are in the right place. Our expert team tried and tested several hundreds of wrist braces from the house of several manufacturers in the US.
Ultimate buyer’s guide to choose the right wrist braces
Wrist braces are extremely beneficial for everyone, and all the doctors, physical therapists, and trainers now give the advice to use wrist braces to avoid injury and to deal with common wrist related pains and sprains. Besides, wrist braces are also advised for any kind of wrist related medical issues as it assures a faster relief and also provides protection during treatment. Moreover, wrist braces are also beneficial for white-collar executives and long-time computer users as their wrists deal with huge pressure and overuse related issues due to severe finger and wrist movement while typing in the keyboard.